* Eudyptula Challenge status
@ 2014-08-05 20:11 Raphael Philipe
From: Raphael Philipe @ 2014-08-05 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi

Is someone taking the Eudyptula Challenge here?

I was answering the tasks when suddenly it stopped returning my
messages (with corrections or new tasks). Since Little Penguin tell us
about any break, I was curious to ask.

I've sent task 15 answer on  27th of July and got no reply since then.

I've heard about a troll in the LKML trying to push non-sense patchs,
so I decided to ask.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/8/4/206

Has someone heard from Little Penguin recently?

Thank you.

* Eudyptula Challenge status
@ 2014-08-05 20:24 ` Robin Schroer
From: Robin Schroer @ 2014-08-05 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 05:11:46PM -0300, Raphael Philipe wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is someone taking the Eudyptula Challenge here?
>
> I was answering the tasks when suddenly it stopped returning my
> messages (with corrections or new tasks). Since Little Penguin tell us
> about any break, I was curious to ask.
>
> I've sent task 15 answer on  27th of July and got no reply since then.
>
> I've heard about a troll in the LKML trying to push non-sense patchs,
> so I decided to ask.
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/8/4/206
I don't think Nick has anything to do with this.

> Has someone heard from Little Penguin recently?

I sent my last submission on July 28th, no answer since then. I guess
Little is either really busy, or down for maintenance or something like
that. Give it some time, he will come back, or at least send out a
status email like the last time this happened.

--

Robin Schroer

* Eudyptula Challenge status
@ 2014-08-05 20:34   ` Raphael Philipe
From: Raphael Philipe @ 2014-08-05 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Robin Schroer <sulamiification@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 05:11:46PM -0300, Raphael Philipe wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is someone taking the Eudyptula Challenge here?
>>
>> I was answering the tasks when suddenly it stopped returning my
>> messages (with corrections or new tasks). Since Little Penguin tell us
>> about any break, I was curious to ask.
>>
>> I've sent task 15 answer on  27th of July and got no reply since then.
>>
>> I've heard about a troll in the LKML trying to push non-sense patchs,
>> so I decided to ask.
>>
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/8/4/206
> I don't think Nick has anything to do with this.
>

>> Has someone heard from Little Penguin recently?
>>
> I sent my last submission on July 28th, no answer since then. I guess
> Little is either really busy, or down for maintenance or something like
> that. Give it some time, he will come back, or at least send out a
> status email like the last time this happened.

You are right Robin.
 Before that time (July 27th),  Little was answering pretty quickly so
I became anxious and decided to ask. The good side is that I
discovered a new interesting mailing list.

Thank you for let me known.
>> Thank you.
>>

> --
>
> Robin Schroer

___

Raphael Silva

* Eudyptula Challenge status
@ 2014-08-06  7:42     ` Sudip Mukherjee
From: Sudip Mukherjee @ 2014-08-06  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 2:04 AM, Raphael Philipe <rapphil@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Robin Schroer <sulamiification@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 05, 2014 at 05:11:46PM -0300, Raphael Philipe wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Is someone taking the Eudyptula Challenge here?
>>>
>>> I was answering the tasks when suddenly it stopped returning my
>>> messages (with corrections or new tasks). Since Little Penguin tell us
>>> about any break, I was curious to ask.
>>>
>>> I've sent task 15 answer on  27th of July and got no reply since then.
>>>
>>> I've heard about a troll in the LKML trying to push non-sense patchs,
>>> so I decided to ask.
>>>
>>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2014/8/4/206
>> I don't think Nick has anything to do with this.
>>

>>> Has someone heard from Little Penguin recently?
>>>
>> I sent my last submission on July 28th, no answer since then. I guess
>> Little is either really busy, or down for maintenance or something like
>> that. Give it some time, he will come back, or at least send out a
>> status email like the last time this happened.
>>
> You are right Robin.
>  Before that time (July 27th),  Little was answering pretty quickly so
> I became anxious and decided to ask. The good side is that I
> discovered a new interesting mailing list.

I got my reply today , so we can assume that Little had been busy
these few days .

@ 2014-11-07 17:04   ` Drew Fustini
From: Drew Fustini @ 2014-11-07 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Yup, I submitted my current task 4 weeks ago, sent  a note last week,
and got reply the next day (Nov 1) with same sentiment: relax -
everything is ok, it's a slow process, and it's not a race.

@ 2014-11-05  2:59 ` Dan
From: Dan @ 2014-11-05  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

@ 2014-11-04 13:11 ` Giedrius Statkevicius
From: Giedrius Statkevicius @ 2014-11-04 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Ramon,

On 2014.11.04 14:59, Ramon Fried wrote:
> Tasks are pending for a long time. Anyone has Info regarding the queue?
It happens from time to time because a lot of people are doing the
challenge. If after some time (1 - 2 weeks +) you get no reply you can
always send little a message and ask about the queue or if your
submission was lost. Just don't send him messages very short after
sending your submissions because that will piss him off. He's already
doing a tremendous favor for all of us.

Hopefully this will be helpful,
Giedrius

* Eudyptula challenge status