* BT LMP
@ 2012-07-05  6:00 victor yeo
From: victor yeo @ 2012-07-05  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

Anyone know which part of linux kernel processes the LMP au_rand and
LMP not_accepted event?

I want to modify the Bluetooth kernel code so that when it receives
LMP not_accepted event, it will do re-pairing.

Thanks,
Victor

* Re: BT LMP
@ 2012-07-05  7:20 ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2012-07-05  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: victor yeo; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Victor,

> Anyone know which part of linux kernel processes the LMP au_rand and
> LMP not_accepted event?
>
> I want to modify the Bluetooth kernel code so that when it receives
> LMP not_accepted event, it will do re-pairing.

LMP is implemented in the Bluetooth chip's firmware and not the kernel.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: BT LMP
@ 2012-07-05  7:42   ` victor yeo
From: victor yeo @ 2012-07-05  7:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcel Holtmann; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Marcel,

When LMP_not_accepted is received by Bluetooth Chip's firmware, it
will send a HCI event to the linux kernel bluetooth portion. Do i
understand correctly? What is the HCI event name?

Thanks,
Victor

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 3:20 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel@holtmann.org> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
>> Anyone know which part of linux kernel processes the LMP au_rand and
>> LMP not_accepted event?
>>
>> I want to modify the Bluetooth kernel code so that when it receives
>> LMP not_accepted event, it will do re-pairing.
>
> LMP is implemented in the Bluetooth chip's firmware and not the kernel.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

* RE: BT LMP
@ 2012-07-05  8:25     ` Keren, Doron
From: Keren, Doron @ 2012-07-05  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: victor yeo; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Victor,

The LMP not_accepted event will lead to Authentication failure.
Some devices will then initiate disconnection with error code :
Authentication Failure error code (0x05).

Thanks,
Doron Keren
Texas Instruments

* Re: BT LMP
@ 2012-07-05  9:10       ` victor yeo
From: victor yeo @ 2012-07-05  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Keren, Doron; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Keren, Doron <doronkeren@ti.com> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> The LMP not_accepted event will lead to Authentication failure.
> Some devices will then initiate disconnection with error code :
> Authentication Failure error code (0x05).
>
> Thanks,
> Doron Keren
> Texas Instruments

Hi Doron,

Will the hci_auth_complete_evt() function in net/bluetooth/hci_event.c
handle the hci error code?

Thanks,
Victor

* RE: BT LMP
@ 2012-07-05 10:19         ` Keren, Doron
From: Keren, Doron @ 2012-07-05 10:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: victor yeo; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hi Victor,

As I can read in the code the hci_auth_complete_evt() call mgmt_auth_failed() on failure. The mgmt_auth_failed() function just prints
The fail status number. You can add your own code to do re-pairing several times.

Thanks,
Doron