From: Sourabh Hegde <hrsourabh011@gmail.com>
To: Quentin Schulz <quentin.schulz@theobroma-systems.com>
Cc: buildroot@buildroot.org
Subject: Re: [Buildroot] Buildroot | ninja build error | /usr/bin/ld:error adding symbols: file in wrong format
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2022 10:36:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Quentin,

I made some progress to build casync as host-casync. I modified casync.mk
file to include "HOST_CASYNC_DEPENDENCIES = host-acl host-libcurl
host-openssl" below "CASYNC_DEPENDENCIES = acl libcurl openssl". And also
added BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_CASYNC=YES to config. Then if I run make host-casync
it results in

make[1]: * No rule to make target 'host-libfuse'

I think this is related to below DEPENDENCY in casync.mk file:
ifeq ($(BR2_PACKAGE_LIBFUSE),y)
CASYNC_DEPENDENCIES += libfuse
CASYNC_CONF_OPTS += -Dfuse=true
else
CASYNC_CONF_OPTS += -Dfuse=false
endif

But I have selected BR2_PACKAGE_LIBFUSE=y in menuconfig. What else should
be selected for "fuse"?

Can you please let me know how to set up buildroot to use build machine
libs?

Thanks in advance.