* Qt5 Toolchain and demos
@ 2013-08-23 14:37 Simone
From: Simone @ 2013-08-23 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-freescale

Hello,
I've successfully compiled a meta-qt5 based image for imx53.
Now I'm searching how to build the suitable toolchain for qt5 libraries.
I found on the web that there is no meta-toolchain-qt5 available for qt5
libraries at the moment.

The question is: How I can cross-compile my applications with QtCreator?
Does someone know the right way to do that?

Thanks
Simone

* Re: Qt5 Toolchain and demos
@ 2013-08-24  9:45 ` Simone
From: Simone @ 2013-08-24  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: <meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org>

Nothing?

Il giorno 23/ago/2013, alle ore 16:37, "Simone" <cjb.sw.nospam@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello,
> I've successfully compiled a meta-qt5 based image for imx53.
> Now I'm searching how to build the suitable toolchain for qt5 libraries.
> I found on the web that there is no meta-toolchain-qt5 available for qt5
> libraries at the moment.
>
> The question is: How I can cross-compile my applications with QtCreator?
> Does someone know the right way to do that?
>
> Thanks
> Simone

* Re: Qt5 Toolchain and demos
@ 2013-08-24 10:23   ` Alexei Kopendakov
From: Alexei Kopendakov @ 2013-08-24 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simone; +Cc: &lt, meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org&gt,

Maybe information from here will help.
https://community.freescale.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F94849
 24.08.2013 12:46 пользователь "Simone" <cjb.sw.nospam@gmail.com> написал:

> Nothing?
>

> Il giorno 23/ago/2013, alle ore 16:37, "Simone" <cjb.sw.nospam@gmail.com>
> ha scritto:
>
> > Hello,
> > I've successfully compiled a meta-qt5 based image for imx53.
> > Now I'm searching how to build the suitable toolchain for qt5 libraries.
> > I found on the web that there is no meta-toolchain-qt5 available for qt5
> > libraries at the moment.
> >
> > The question is: How I can cross-compile my applications with QtCreator?
> > Does someone know the right way to do that?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Simone

* Re: Qt5 Toolchain and demos
@ 2013-08-24 16:23     ` Matthias Benesch
From: Matthias Benesch @ 2013-08-24 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexei Kopendakov, Simone
  Cc: &lt, meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org&gt,

I would be interested in an answer for meta-qt5, too.

Because until now, I am compiling Qt5 to get qmake outside Yocto as described here:

https://community.freescale.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F94066

Matthias

Alexei Kopendakov <kopendakov@gmail.com> wrote:
>Maybe information from here will help.
>https://community.freescale.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F94849
>24.08.2013 12:46 пользователь "Simone" <cjb.sw.nospam@gmail.com>
>написал:
>
>> Nothing?
>>

>> Il giorno 23/ago/2013, alle ore 16:37, "Simone"
><cjb.sw.nospam@gmail.com>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> > I've successfully compiled a meta-qt5 based image for imx53.
>> > Now I'm searching how to build the suitable toolchain for qt5
>libraries.
>> > I found on the web that there is no meta-toolchain-qt5 available
>for qt5
>> > libraries at the moment.
>> >
>> > The question is: How I can cross-compile my applications with
>QtCreator?
>> > Does someone know the right way to do that?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Simone

* Re: Qt5 Toolchain and demos
@ 2013-08-25  1:54       ` Philip Craig
From: Philip Craig @ 2013-08-25  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthias Benesch; +Cc: &lt, meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org&gt,

I've had success building QtCreator applications by creating a recipe
for my application in Yocto. I haven't tried compiling outside of
Yocto. The qt related lines from my recipe are:

inherit qmake5
OE_QMAKE_PATH_HEADERS = "${OE_QMAKE_PATH_QT_HEADERS}"
DEPENDS += "qtbase"

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 2:23 AM, Matthias Benesch <twoofseven@freenet.de> wrote:
> I would be interested in an answer for meta-qt5, too.
>
> Because until now, I am compiling Qt5 to get qmake outside Yocto as
> described here:
>
> https://community.freescale.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F94066
>
> Matthias
>

> Alexei Kopendakov <kopendakov@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe information from here will help.
>> https://community.freescale.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F94849
>>
>> 24.08.2013 12:46 пользователь "Simone" <cjb.sw.nospam@gmail.com> написал:
>>>
>>> Nothing?

* Re: Qt5 Toolchain and demos
@ 2013-08-25 12:18         ` Simone
From: Simone @ 2013-08-25 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Craig
  Cc: &lt, meta-freescale@yoctoproject.org&gt, , Matthias Benesch

How you can debug this kind of application?
I feel this is not a viable solution.. It could be ok for build a released software, not to develop from zero.