* Thud Kernel Configuration not Working
@ 2019-04-14  1:53 nick
From: nick @ 2019-04-14  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Greetings,
I was trying to build a kernel with these files in a new layer for no smp to be enabled but have no
idea why it doesn't work. This is after looking at the kernel manual and it's literally the same
files excluding the disabling of smp as the chosen option.

.cfg for kernel option is called smp.cfg and this the file's content:
#Disable SMP
CONFIG_SMP=n

This is my bbappend called linux-yocto-4.1.8.bbappend:
 # Include kernel configuration fragment
 FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
 SRC_URL += "file://smp.cfg"

If anyone has ideas thanks in advance,

Nick

* Re: Thud Kernel Configuration not Working
@ 2019-04-15  0:18 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2019-04-15  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nick; +Cc: yocto

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 9:54 PM nick <xerofoify@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
> I was trying to build a kernel with these files in a new layer for no smp to be enabled but have no
> idea why it doesn't work. This is after looking at the kernel manual and it's literally the same
> files excluding the disabling of smp as the chosen option.
>
> .cfg for kernel option is called smp.cfg and this the file's content:
> #Disable SMP
> CONFIG_SMP=n
>
> This is my bbappend called linux-yocto-4.1.8.bbappend:
>  # Include kernel configuration fragment
>  FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
>  SRC_URL += "file://smp.cfg"
>
> If anyone has ideas thanks in advance,

We need a lot more information to help with this. I put the type of
information in the
bugzilla that was opened for this, so I won't repeat it here. Best to
keep all the details
in one place.

Bruce

> Nick

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II

* Re: Thud Kernel Configuration not Working
@ 2019-04-15  4:19 ` Zoran Stojsavljevic
From: Zoran Stojsavljevic @ 2019-04-15  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nick; +Cc: yocto

> This is my bbappend called linux-yocto-4.1.8.bbappend:
> # Include kernel configuration fragment
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
> SRC_URL += "file://smp.cfg"

I am wondering... Why so old kernel used (4.1.8)?

Zoran
_______