* can i use qemuppc to demo an example of using UIO?
@ 2015-11-20 10:52 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2015-11-20 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

  i'm not sure i've done enough research to even ask this question
intelligently, but can i use OE to build and demo what is described
here?

  http://nairobi-embedded.org/uio_example.html

while that article uses x86_64, i would *prefer* to use qemuppc as
that is the preferred target architecture, but i can always use x86_64
in a pinch.

  for a number of OE/embedded linux classes i'm going to be teaching
next year, i'm trying to shift a number of exercises from needing
actual hardware to using QEMU images, and this is something i'd dearly
love to be able to demo using QEMU.

  thoughts? i'm still digging into this, but can anyone point out any
obvious flaws in my plan? thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca

* Re: can i use qemuppc to demo an example of using UIO?
@ 2015-11-20 13:54 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2015-11-20 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 5:52 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday@crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   i'm not sure i've done enough research to even ask this question
> intelligently, but can i use OE to build and demo what is described
> here?
>
>   http://nairobi-embedded.org/uio_example.html
>
> while that article uses x86_64, i would *prefer* to use qemuppc as
> that is the preferred target architecture, but i can always use x86_64
> in a pinch.
>
>   for a number of OE/embedded linux classes i'm going to be teaching
> next year, i'm trying to shift a number of exercises from needing
> actual hardware to using QEMU images, and this is something i'd dearly
> love to be able to demo using QEMU.
>
>   thoughts? i'm still digging into this, but can anyone point out any
> obvious flaws in my plan? thanks.

It should work. uio is architecture and h/w agnostic for the most part, at
a glance, I don't see anything that jumps out a red flag.

Bruce

> rday

> Robert P. J. Day                                 Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
>                         http://crashcourse.ca

> LinkedIn:                               http://ca.linkedin.com/in/rpjday

thee at its end"