* warrior: QA issue when bump kernel to 5.2-rc2
@ 2019-05-30  8:13 Belisko Marek
From: Belisko Marek @ 2019-05-30  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

I'm trying to add support for latest possible released kernel in
meta-sunxi by using poky warrior and hit this QA issue:
ERROR: linux-mainline-5.2-rc2-r0 do_package: QA Issue: linux-mainline:
Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
  /lib/modules/5.2.0-rc2/modules.builtin.modinfo
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if
they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within
do_install.
linux-mainline: 1 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]

I can simply drop it but would like to see if anything was updated
from actual linux-yocto (which is 5.0.3). Ideas? Thanks.

BR,

marek

--
as simple and primitive as possible
Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA

Tel: +421 915 052 184
skype: marekwhite
twitter: #opennandra
web: http://open-nandra.com

* Re: warrior: QA issue when bump kernel to 5.2-rc2
@ 2019-05-30 12:35 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2019-05-30 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Belisko Marek; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 4:14 AM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to add support for latest possible released kernel in
> meta-sunxi by using poky warrior and hit this QA issue:
> ERROR: linux-mainline-5.2-rc2-r0 do_package: QA Issue: linux-mainline:
> Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
>   /lib/modules/5.2.0-rc2/modules.builtin.modinfo
> Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if
> they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within
> do_install.
> linux-mainline: 1 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
>
> I can simply drop it but would like to see if anything was updated
> from actual linux-yocto (which is 5.0.3). Ideas? Thanks.

I have a change to kernel.bbclass that packages that new file, and
explains where it comes from.

Stay tuned, it'll arrive in about 5 minutes :D

Bruce

> BR,
>
> marek
>
> --
> as simple and primitive as possible
> Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
> Freelance Developer
>
> Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
> Tel: +421 915 052 184
> skype: marekwhite
> twitter: #opennandra
> web: http://open-nandra.com

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II

* Re: warrior: QA issue when bump kernel to 5.2-rc2
@ 2019-05-30 12:36   ` Belisko Marek
From: Belisko Marek @ 2019-05-30 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 2:35 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 4:14 AM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to add support for latest possible released kernel in
> > meta-sunxi by using poky warrior and hit this QA issue:
> > ERROR: linux-mainline-5.2-rc2-r0 do_package: QA Issue: linux-mainline:
> > Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
> >   /lib/modules/5.2.0-rc2/modules.builtin.modinfo
> > Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if
> > they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within
> > do_install.
> > linux-mainline: 1 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
> >
> > I can simply drop it but would like to see if anything was updated
> > from actual linux-yocto (which is 5.0.3). Ideas? Thanks.
>
> I have a change to kernel.bbclass that packages that new file, and
> explains where it comes from.
>
> Stay tuned, it'll arrive in about 5 minutes :D
Awesome, thanks!

@ 2019-05-30 12:46     ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2019-05-30 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Belisko Marek; +Cc: yocto

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 8:37 AM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 2:35 PM Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 4:14 AM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to add support for latest possible released kernel in
> > > meta-sunxi by using poky warrior and hit this QA issue:
> > > ERROR: linux-mainline-5.2-rc2-r0 do_package: QA Issue: linux-mainline:
> > > Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
> > >   /lib/modules/5.2.0-rc2/modules.builtin.modinfo
> > > Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if
> > > they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within
> > > do_install.
> > > linux-mainline: 1 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
> > >
> > > I can simply drop it but would like to see if anything was updated
> > > from actual linux-yocto (which is 5.0.3). Ideas? Thanks.
> >
> > I have a change to kernel.bbclass that packages that new file, and
> > explains where it comes from.
> >
> > Stay tuned, it'll arrive in about 5 minutes :D
> Awesome, thanks!

The patch is out on the oe-core mailing list, make sure to look for it there.

Bruce