* libsystemd is missing ?
@ 2021-02-09  8:29 Ramon Fried
From: Ramon Fried @ 2021-02-09  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Openembedded-core

Hi.
I stumbled upon a recipe which needs libsystemd (fluentbit).
In the configuration phase, during pkg-config, it fails finding libsystemd.
Specifically, it fails to find the journald header file: sd-journal.h

Am I missing some configuration, or systemd recipe doesn't install the
dev libraries, only the runtime ?

Thanks,
Ramon.

* Re: [OE-core] libsystemd is missing ?
@ 2021-02-09 13:09 ` Bruce Ashfield
From: Bruce Ashfield @ 2021-02-09 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramon Fried; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021 at 3:29 AM Ramon Fried <rfried.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> I stumbled upon a recipe which needs libsystemd (fluentbit).
> In the configuration phase, during pkg-config, it fails finding libsystemd.
> Specifically, it fails to find the journald header file: sd-journal.h
>
> Am I missing some configuration, or systemd recipe doesn't install the
> dev libraries, only the runtime ?

Did you try putting "systemd" in the DEPENDS of the recipe ?

Bruce

--
- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end

* Re: [OE-core] libsystemd is missing ?
@ 2021-02-09 16:47   ` Ramon Fried
From: Ramon Fried @ 2021-02-09 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruce Ashfield; +Cc: Patches and discussions about the oe-core layer

> Did you try putting "systemd" in the DEPENDS of the recipe ?
Yes, that was the problem. thanks !.
Ramon.