* Re: net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra=2 does not work
@ 2022-01-04  8:22 Nicolas Piatto
From: Nicolas Piatto @ 2022-01-04  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

On 1/4/22 09:50, dE wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>       I'm trying to configure my machine as an IPv6 router. When I set
> net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1, the default routes get deleted, which
> is expected. But setting net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra=2 does not help
> either. Set it before or after net.ipv6.conf.all.forwarding=1, the
> default routes WILL get deleted and I've to add it manually. I've even
> tried setting these in sysctl.conf and rebooted with the same effect.

Hi,

I got once that problem and added the default-route statically as a
hotfix (I used a setup with FHRP, getting the route via RA was not a
strong-requirement so I did not tshoot further)

Did you try to set the `accept_ra=2` under the interface itself instead
of all ?

reading the doc:
```
Functional default:

    enabled if local forwarding is disabled.
    disabled if local forwarding is enabled.
```

I'm wild guessing assuming that `all.accept_ra=2` might be overided by a
default `disabled` under the interface.

Best regards,
Nicolas

* net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra=2 does not work
@ 2022-01-04  8:49 ` dE
From: dE @ 2022-01-04  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

@ 2022-01-05  5:50 ` dE
From: dE @ 2022-01-05  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Yes. I can confirm. Interface specific accept_ra works as expected.

Thanks!