* Adding SCTP_SENDALL support
@ 2016-11-20 13:16 Shea Levy
From: Shea Levy @ 2016-11-20 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

Hi all,

I'd like to add SCTP_SENDALL support to the kernel and lksctp-tools to
port a FreeBSD project to Linux. Does anyone have pointers on where to
get started or who to talk to about this? Is there any reason it's not
already implemented besides just no one doing the work yet?

Thanks,
Shea

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Adding SCTP_SENDALL support
@ 2016-11-20 17:22 ` Xin Long
From: Xin Long @ 2016-11-20 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Shea Levy <shea@shealevy.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to add SCTP_SENDALL support to the kernel and lksctp-tools to
> port a FreeBSD project to Linux. Does anyone have pointers on where to
> get started or who to talk to about this? Is there any reason it's not
> already implemented besides just no one doing the work yet?
SCTP_SENDALL is also an api from rfc6458, I think it's just not yet
done in Linux.

I guess you have to do some adjustments in sctp_sendmsg, considering
there is no sctp_iterator_work unlike in BSD.

I don't think we need to add some things in lkscp-tools to support this,
as long as we update uapi sctp.h in our system.

* Re: Adding SCTP_SENDALL support
@ 2016-11-27 14:55 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2016-11-27 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sctp

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 01:22:56AM +0800, Xin Long wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 9:16 PM, Shea Levy <shea@shealevy.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'd like to add SCTP_SENDALL support to the kernel and lksctp-tools to
> > port a FreeBSD project to Linux. Does anyone have pointers on where to
> > get started or who to talk to about this? Is there any reason it's not
> > already implemented besides just no one doing the work yet?
> SCTP_SENDALL is also an api from rfc6458, I think it's just not yet
> done in Linux.

+1, its just not had a motivated developer to do the work.  Truthfully you can
emulate it pretty easily in an application with a for loop, so its likely not
been high priority.

> I guess you have to do some adjustments in sctp_sendmsg, considering
> there is no sctp_iterator_work unlike in BSD.

Yeah, but not much, just issue a PRIMITIVE_SEND on each association if the
SENDALL flag is set I would think

> I don't think we need to add some things in lkscp-tools to support this,
> as long as we update uapi sctp.h in our system.

Agreed, if you add the flag to the proper uapi header, that should be it.

Neil