* migrate raid 5 to new server
@ 2013-01-28  1:32 bobzer
From: bobzer @ 2013-01-28  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Hi
I need to move my raid 5 of 3 disk to a new server
The question is i have the bad block enabled  and  i'm running the
devel-3.3 version of mdadm
Which version of mdadm is the best for me ?
Do i need to use the same ? Can i upgrade?

Do i have something special to do to migrate?

Thanks
Mathieu

* Re: migrate raid 5 to new server
@ 2013-01-31 23:44 ` bobzer
From: bobzer @ 2013-01-31 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-raid

Hi,
Anyone can help me ?
Please :-)

regards
Mathieu

@ 2013-02-01 18:14   ` Chris Murphy
       [not found]     ` <CADzS=arm1SNze6s8a2aEn0UjXTPNTmAU4ftQ1kpTP13VtbL7sQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Chris Murphy @ 2013-02-01 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bobzer; +Cc: linux-raid

On Jan 31, 2013, at 4:44 PM, bobzer <bobzer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Anyone can help me ?
> Please :-)
>
> regards
> Mathieu
>
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM, bobzer <bobzer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I need to move my raid 5 of 3 disk to a new server
>> The question is i have the bad block enabled  and  i'm running the
>> devel-3.3 version of mdadm
>> Which version of mdadm is the best for me ?
>> Do i need to use the same ? Can i upgrade?
>>
>> Do i have something special to do to migrate?

I think this is bleeding edge is why no one has answered. If you're on a dev version of mdadm with a feature not on older versions it seems you must stay with a recent version kernel and mdadm; or you need to build a new array with the versions you're want to use and migrate the data. *shrug*

Chris Murphy

@ 2013-02-01 18:41       ` bobzer
From: bobzer @ 2013-02-01 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Murphy; +Cc: linux-raid