* [ath9k-devel] Diagnostic register in ath9k
@ 2014-02-16  0:00 abhinav narain
From: abhinav narain @ 2014-02-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Hi,
There is a AR_DIAG_SW register in ath9k codebase (in reg.h) .
I am using AR9485 and even if I set all the bits of diagnostic register to
be zero,
my wireless works correctly.
I wanted to know if I have to set some other flags in order for changes
made in this register to work ?
In particular I wanted to change AR_DIAG_CORR_FCS to see if I transmit
error frames
but seems it does not work.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Abhinav
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] Diagnostic register in ath9k
@ 2014-02-27  7:37 ` Adrian Chadd
From: Adrian Chadd @ 2014-02-27  7:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

On 15 February 2014 16:00, abhinav narain <abhinavnarain10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> There is a AR_DIAG_SW register in ath9k codebase (in reg.h) .
> I am using AR9485 and even if I set all the bits of diagnostic register to
> be zero,
> my wireless works correctly.
> I wanted to know if I have to set some other flags in order for changes made
> in this register to work ?
> In particular I wanted to change AR_DIAG_CORR_FCS to see if I transmit error
> frames
> but seems it does not work.

What do you mean by "works correctly" ?

Are you trying to fondle it to do something else?

I'd have to check with the chip designers to see if the diag register
bits have changed since the pre-AR9300 days.

Thanks,

-a