* [ath9k-devel] how to kick off wifi user
@ 2016-01-28 15:17 qiao
From: qiao @ 2016-01-28 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

Dear all,

Now I setup AP (ath9k driver) and want to find a way to kick off a special wifi user from the AP. I know ?iw dev station del?, but it seems it only remove the station data from driver inside, but cannot trigger a disassociation frame wireless client. Would you please give some guidance about kick off wifi user?

Appreciate if any help!

-Joe

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [ath9k-devel] how to kick off wifi user
@ 2016-02-03 22:56 ` abhinav narain
From: abhinav narain @ 2016-02-03 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel

How about forging a disassociation frame and transmitting it over the
channel ?

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:17 AM, qiao <qlnaaa@163.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> Now I setup AP (ath9k driver) and want to find a way to kick off a special
> wifi user from the AP. I know ?iw dev station del?, but it seems it only
> remove the station data from driver inside, but cannot trigger a
> disassociation frame wireless client. Would you please give some guidance
> about kick off wifi user?
>

> Appreciate if any help!
>

> -Joe

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Re: [ath9k-devel] how to kick off wifi user
@ 2016-02-05 11:02   ` Holger Schurig
From: Holger Schurig @ 2016-02-05 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qiao; +Cc: ath9k-devel, linux-wireless

qiao  <qlnaaa@163.com> writes:

> Now I setup AP (ath9k driver) and want to find a way to kick off a
> special wifi user from the AP. I know “iw dev station del”,

You're confusing levels of the ISO 7 level models.

The place where you kick AP users would be in hostapd, not on the driver
level. Or do you think it is feasible to do things differently,
depending if you use ath9k, ath10, iwlwifi, or whatever?  That would be
clumsy. Instead, do it in the piece that actually makes your system an
access point, hostapd.

And therefore this is probably the wrong mailing list to ask such
questions.

Holger

From: Holger Schurig @ 2016-02-05 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ath9k-devel