* How to programmatically implement a firewall rule
@ 2017-01-05 10:56 Khawar Shehzad
       [not found] ` <1483635760.877444.838416369.2C081B0B@webmail.messagingengine.com>
From: Khawar Shehzad @ 2017-01-05 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netfilter

HI,
I hope all are fine, and happy new year.

I want to implement a rule using libnftnl in C programming. This rule
specifies that a packet with a specific source address and a specific
destination address SHOULD be allowed. All other packet which does not
have that source and destination address MUST be dropped.

Just a little hint would suffice. I need to implement it. Any
direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Khawar

* Re: How to programmatically implement a firewall rule
@ 2017-01-05 11:03 ` Arturo Borrero Gonzalez
       [not found] ` <1483635760.877444.838416369.2C081B0B@webmail.messagingengine.com>
From: Arturo Borrero Gonzalez @ 2017-01-05 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5 January 2017 at 11:56, Khawar Shehzad <shehzad.khawar@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,
> I hope all are fine, and happy new year.
>

> I want to implement a rule using libnftnl in C programming. This rule
> specifies that a packet with a specific source address and a specific
> destination address SHOULD be allowed. All other packet which does not
> have that source and destination address MUST be dropped.
>

> Just a little hint would suffice. I need to implement it. Any
> direction would be much appreciated.

Take a look at libnftnl examples. In nft-rule-add.c [0] a rule that
does 'tcp dport 22 counter' is added.

[0] http://git.netfilter.org/libnftnl/tree/examples/nft-rule-add.c

@ 2017-01-05 17:44   ` Khawar Shehzad
From: Khawar Shehzad @ 2017-01-05 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jehan Tremback; +Cc: netfilter

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 5:02 PM, Jehan Tremback <jehan@altheamesh.com> wrote:
> altheamesh.com

Performance. In my case the rules get updated very often, and a lot of
rules get configured per second. So it all boils down to performance
for me.