* [U-Boot] Porting U-boot
@ 2014-01-30  5:58 JYOTI DUBEY
From: JYOTI DUBEY @ 2014-01-30  5:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

After compiling the u-boot code what steps must be followed to boot the
current system (system with Grub) with u-boot?I mean how can I port my
system with the u-boot which I compiled?

* [U-Boot] Porting U-boot
@ 2014-01-30 13:26 ` Michal Suchanek
From: Michal Suchanek @ 2014-01-30 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 30 January 2014 06:58, JYOTI DUBEY <jyoti0801@gmail.com> wrote:
> After compiling the u-boot code what steps must be followed to boot the
> current system (system with Grub) with u-boot?I mean how can I port my
> system with the u-boot which I compiled?

What system do you have?

It depends on your system, obviously. You need to place u-boot
wherever your system bios looks for a bootloader. Alternatively, you
can try loading u-boot from grub for testing.

HTH

Michal

* [U-Boot] Porting U-boot
@ 2011-10-31 23:57 hanumant
From: hanumant @ 2011-10-31 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

I am trying to port u-boot to multiple soc/boards from an arm vendor.
I would appreciate any input on the following approach

1)The controller instance on various SOC are the same with minor
differences in the fifo size, gpios, clocks.

2)In order to help the porting effort, my idea is to add soc/board
neutral driver header files under the include/asm/ directory.
Possibly creating a vendor directory under there ie
arch/arm/include/asm/($vendor)/
(Different from the soc specific header files arch-$SOC)

3)Implement driver in respective driver category drivers/<$category>

4)Allow the SOC specific files to define the resources for specific
peripherals based on the header files from 2)

Thanks