* terratec HTC XS HD USB
@ 2014-11-21 16:13 Robert N
From: Robert N @ 2014-11-21 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Hi,

I'm trying to get my USB tuner stick working on an openwrt, but
getting some errors.

using w_scan to scan the available channels, gives:

113000: sr6900 (time: 00:11) (time: 00:12) signal ok:
        QAM_64   f = 113000 kHz S6900C999
start_filter:1410: ERROR: ioctl DMX_SET_FILTER failed: 97 Message too long
Info: NIT(actual) filter timeout

I know the 113Mhz is a valid MUX, because tuner works well under windows.

Any hints what could be the reason of the error messages?

Thanks.

* Re: terratec HTC XS HD USB
@ 2014-11-23 12:49 ` Robert N
From: Robert N @ 2014-11-23 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

I will reply my own question. it seems that w_scan is able to find the
muxes/services if I push the antenna cable only half way into the
tuner stick. I assume my problem is related to RF signal strength. is
there a range of valid strengths?

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Robert N <nrobert13@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my USB tuner stick working on an openwrt, but
> getting some errors.
>
> using w_scan to scan the available channels, gives:
>
> 113000: sr6900 (time: 00:11) (time: 00:12) signal ok:
>         QAM_64   f = 113000 kHz S6900C999
> start_filter:1410: ERROR: ioctl DMX_SET_FILTER failed: 97 Message too long
> Info: NIT(actual) filter timeout
>
> I know the 113Mhz is a valid MUX, because tuner works well under windows.
>
> Any hints what could be the reason of the error messages?
>
> Thanks.

* Re: terratec HTC XS HD USB
@ 2015-08-17 20:28   ` BadTenMan
From: BadTenMan @ 2015-08-17 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-media

Robert N <nrobert13 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I will reply my own question. it seems that w_scan is able to find the
> muxes/services if I push the antenna cable only half way into the
> tuner stick. I assume my problem is related to RF signal strength. is
> there a range of valid strengths?
>
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Robert N <nrobert13 <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get my USB tuner stick working on an openwrt, but
> > getting some errors.
> >
> > using w_scan to scan the available channels, gives:
> >
> > 113000: sr6900 (time: 00:11) (time: 00:12) signal ok:
> >         QAM_64   f = 113000 kHz S6900C999
> > start_filter:1410: ERROR: ioctl DMX_SET_FILTER failed: 97 Message too long
> > Info: NIT(actual) filter timeout
> >
> > I know the 113Mhz is a valid MUX, because tuner works well under windows.
> >
> > Any hints what could be the reason of the error messages?
> >
> > Thanks.

Hi Robert,

I am trying to do achieve the exact same thing as you.
My hardware:
TP-Link Archer C5 with OpenWRT 14.07 Barrier Breaker
Terratec HTC XS HD USB
(http://www.terratec.net/details.php?artnr=Cinergy+HTC+USB+XS+HD)

I built OpenWRT from source which worked fine. But now after inserting the
kernel modules for the TV stick and the firmware, I can't get tvheadend to
perform a scan and w_scan to find anything.

First it threw the same error as you encountered (that's how I found you).
Thanks to your trick the error is gone, but still no signal, it recognizes a
valid mux at 121Mhz, but no channels.

My dmesg looks good, just as on the Ubuntu machine where the stick works.

I don't know the specifications (RF signal strength) of the stick, but it
seems that it is a little bit vulnerable to signal errors. On the Ubuntu
machine it sometimes has stuttering video for me.

Have you found a solution to make the stick work?
If you could share it that would be really great.

Best Regards,
BadTenMan