* Preventing connection from initiating a pairing
@ 2019-12-19  4:25 Charles Manning
From: Charles Manning @ 2019-12-19  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi All

I've been getting my head around using BlueZ and libbluetooth and have
achieved all the behaviour I want except one bit.

I have an embedded Linux device that is connecting to a PC using Bluez

They have been paired. Whenever the Linux device turns on, it
automatically connects to the PC. All fine so far.

If the PC then unpairs while the linux device is off, the PC loses
it's pairing info but the Linux device retains its now stale pairing
info.

The Linux device things it is still paired and attempts to connect,
causing  the PC to pop up a pairing request. I do not want that
behaviour. I want the Linux device to not try connecting if the PC has
lost its pairing info.

What I want is either some way to confirm there is a valid pairing
still in place before connecting or some way of setting the Linux
device to only connect if the pairing is still valid, or some other
mechanism by which I can prevent the pairing attempt.

Is there some way to do that?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks

Charles

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-12-19  4:26 UTC | newest]