* Clarification regarding IFLA_BRPORT_LEARNING_SYNC and aging of fdb entries learnt via br_fdb_external_learn_add()
@ 2014-12-30 18:20 Siva Mannem
From: Siva Mannem @ 2014-12-30 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev

Hi,

I am trying to understand the ongoing switch device offload effort and
am following the discussions. I have a question regarding
IFLA_BRPORT_LEARNING_SYNC flag and how aging happens when this flag is
enabled on a port that is attached to a bridge that has vlan filtering
enabled.

If I understand correctly, when  IFLA_BRPORT_LEARNING_SYNC is set on a
bridge port, fdb entries that are learnt externally(may be learnt by
hardware and driver is notified) are synced to bridges fdb using
br_fdb_external_learn_add(). The fdb
entries(fdb->added_by_external_learn set to true) that are learnt via
this method are also deleted by the aging logic after the aging time
even though L2 data forwadring  happens in hardware. Is there a way
where aging can be disabled for these entries? and let the entries be
removed only via br_fdb_external_learn_delete()? or am I missing
something?

Regards,
Siva.