* Mercury 32bit VxWorks skin
@ 2021-09-13 13:21 Enrico Buffoli
From: Enrico Buffoli @ 2021-09-13 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

I've a question regarding the execution of the Mercury 32bit VxWorks skin
on an 64 bit patch rt Linux 4.14.78-rt47 on aarch64.
Is this setup possible? or there are some known issues/limits?

Best regards.

* Re: Mercury 32bit VxWorks skin
@ 2021-09-13 13:50 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2021-09-13 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enrico Buffoli, xenomai

On 13.09.21 15:21, Enrico Buffoli via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've a question regarding the execution of the Mercury 32bit VxWorks skin
> on an 64 bit patch rt Linux 4.14.78-rt47 on aarch64.
> Is this setup possible? or there are some known issues/limits?

We have no recent feedback on the usage of Mercury. Right now, no one is
working on its QA. Conceptually, this may work, but we can't tell
upfront if there will be issues.

In addition, all porting of VxWorks apps always involve the untangling
of drivers from the application code. Only the latter is covered by the
skin, the former often requires architectural porting to Linux.

Jan

--
Siemens AG, T RDA IOT