* [Devtool] RPM Source Package
@ 2016-07-15  7:43 Rudolf Streif
From: Rudolf Streif @ 2016-07-15  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Devtool works reasonably well with repos and packaged source tarballs. We
did a test with a source RPM which resulted in a simple stub recipe
although the source rpm contained an autotooled package. devtool did not
even make an attempt to unpack the source RPM into the workspace and
analyze the code.

Are there any plans or a roadmap for devtool to support source RPMs? When
Tizen moved from OBS to YP the developers created a Python script [1] to
convert an OBS spec file to a YP recipe. A possible starting point.

Cheers,
:rjs

[1]
https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=scm/bb/tizen.git;a=blob;f=tools/spec2yocto.py;h=90ff2b064e8cabff25987c3c9a9fd59a04550495;hb=HEAD

* Re: [Devtool] RPM Source Package
@ 2016-07-15  7:49 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2016-07-15  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Jul 15, 2016, at 12:43 AM, Rudolf Streif <rudolf.streif@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Devtool works reasonably well with repos and packaged source tarballs. We did a test with a source RPM which resulted in a simple stub recipe although the source rpm contained an autotooled package. devtool did not even make an attempt to unpack the source RPM into the workspace and analyze the code.
>
> Are there any plans or a roadmap for devtool to support source RPMs?

I think surely, this is a good feature enhancement. Are there more src pkgs formats may be of relevance too. Please file an enhancement bug nevertheless.

> When Tizen moved from OBS to YP the developers created a Python script [1] to convert an OBS spec file to a YP recipe. A possible starting point.
>
> Cheers,
> :rjs
>

> [1] https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=scm/bb/tizen.git;a=blob;f=tools/spec2yocto.py;h=90ff2b064e8cabff25987c3c9a9fd59a04550495;hb=HEAD <https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=scm/bb/tizen.git;a=blob;f=tools/spec2yocto.py;h=90ff2b064e8cabff25987c3c9a9fd59a04550495;hb=HEAD>

[-- Attachment #2: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail --]

* Re: [Devtool] RPM Source Package
@ 2016-07-15  8:33 ` Burton, Ross
From: Burton, Ross @ 2016-07-15  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)