* [linux-lvm] LVM Mirror Failure Detection
@ 2011-10-03 21:10 Richard Turner
From: Richard Turner @ 2011-10-03 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-lvm

HIi

I am trying to setup LVM Mirroring on a Ubuntu 11.04 system and I'm not
having any luck getting the mirror failure detection working.

I have downloaded and compiled LVM from source (v2.2.02.88) and installed
dmeventd but still monitoring doesn't seem to work, when a mirror leg
failure occurs and I try to copy data to the LV the prompt just hangs
indefinitely with no mention of the problem anywhere.

There is no indication anywhere that mirror failure monitoring shouldn't
work but I did notice that I don't have the
'libdevmapper-event-lvm2mirror.so' module anywhere on my system even after
installing from source, am I missing something or is this functionality not
yet available?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

* Re: [linux-lvm] LVM Mirror Failure Detection
@ 2011-10-06 12:22 ` Zdenek Kabelac
From: Zdenek Kabelac @ 2011-10-06 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LVM general discussion and development; +Cc: Richard Turner

Dne 3.10.2011 23:10, Richard Turner napsal(a):
> HIi
>
> I am trying to setup LVM Mirroring on a Ubuntu 11.04 system and I'm not
> having any luck getting the mirror failure detection working.
>
> I have downloaded and compiled LVM from source (v2.2.02.88) and installed
> dmeventd but still monitoring doesn't seem to work, when a mirror leg
> failure occurs and I try to copy data to the LV the prompt just hangs
> indefinitely with no mention of the problem anywhere.
>
> There is no indication anywhere that mirror failure monitoring shouldn't
> work but I did notice that I don't have the
> 'libdevmapper-event-lvm2mirror.so' module anywhere on my system even after
> installing from source, am I missing something or is this functionality not
> yet available?

Haven't you forget --enable-dmeventd ?

Also make sure lvm.conf has proper referent on dmeventd binary
and 'activation/monitoring = 1' or you activate with monitoring (which you
could check via 'ps' if you will find dmeventd task running on your system,
after activation of some mirror).

Zdenek