* How to force my usb mouse using a kernel module created by myself?
@ 2014-07-24 19:38 Julio Faracco
From: Julio Faracco @ 2014-07-24 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi everyone!

It's a dumb question, but is not working with me.

Does anybody knows how to force my usb mouse using a kernel module created
by myself? When I plug my mouse it need to load my module and not the
generic one.

Thanks!

*Julio Cesar Faracco*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* How to force my usb mouse using a kernel module created by myself?
@ 2014-07-24 20:14 ` Bobby Abraham
From: Bobby Abraham @ 2014-07-24 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Julio,

This looks very similar to a task in Eudyptula Challenge (not sure if
your question arises from that or not). I am very new to the kernel
myself and am going taking the challenge as well. Since its part of
the challenge, I think it would not be fair to provide the answer in
its entirety

You can take a look at the following

Chapter 14 of the book Linux Device Drivers ( a great book )

I found the following article very useful as well

http://www.opensourceforu.com/2011/10/usb-drivers-in-linux-1/

Bobby

@ 2014-07-24 20:31   ` Julio Faracco
From: Julio Faracco @ 2014-07-24 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Bobby!

Yes, you're right!
I did the task, but I cannot prove to myself if my module works!
I tryed udev rules and I read the chapter 14.
But no progess... That article is so useful to me.

Thanks! =)

*Julio Cesar Faracco*