* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-05-30  2:24 Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2018-05-30  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi York,

There was a patch [1] previously done by me to convert to use driver
model TSEC driver on LS1021ATWR. It was never accepted given at that
time the PCI driver for LS1021A has not been converted to use driver
model yet, and DM PCI is unfortunately bundled to DM ETH.

Now that we have converted to use DM PCI, would it possible for NXP
guys to pick up this work and do the DM ETH conversion for LS1021ATWR?
Thanks!

[1] http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/566347/

Regards,
Bin

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-05-30  3:06 ` York Sun
From: York Sun @ 2018-05-30  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Alison and Prabhakar,

Please take a look at the mentioned patch.

York

@ 2018-06-01  3:58   ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2018-06-01  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM, York Sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
> Alison and Prabhakar,
>
> Please take a look at the mentioned patch.

Would you please take the patch and update all LS1021A boards? thanks!

Regards,
Bin

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-06-01  4:06     ` York Sun
From: York Sun @ 2018-06-01  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On May 31, 2018, at 20:58, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM, York Sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
>> Alison and Prabhakar,
>>
>> Please take a look at the mentioned patch.
>>

> Would you please take the patch and update all LS1021A boards? thanks!

Bin,

I expect LS1021A board maintainers to chime in.

York

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-06-05  1:28       ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2018-06-05  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Alison, Prabhakar,

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:06 PM, York Sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
> On May 31, 2018, at 20:58, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 11:06 AM, York Sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
>>> Alison and Prabhakar,
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the mentioned patch.
>>>

>> Would you please take the patch and update all LS1021A boards? thanks!
>

> Bin,
>
> I expect LS1021A board maintainers to chime in.

Would you please comment on this? Thanks!

Regards,
Bin

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-06-11  5:37         ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2018-06-11  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alison, Prabhakar,
>
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 12:06 PM, York Sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
>> On May 31, 2018, at 20:58, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Would you please take the patch and update all LS1021A boards? thanks!
>>

>> Bin,
>>
>> I expect LS1021A board maintainers to chime in.
>
> Would you please comment on this? Thanks!

Ping ...

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-06-11 14:28           ` York Sun
From: York Sun @ 2018-06-11 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On 06/10/2018 10:37 PM, Bin Meng wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Alison, Prabhakar,

>>> Bin,
>>>
>>> I expect LS1021A board maintainers to chime in.
>>
>> Would you please comment on this? Thanks!
>
> Ping ...

Bin,

Our TSEC driver owner Claudiu Manoil (CC'ed) plans to work on the driver
a while later.

York

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-07-10  2:43             ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2018-07-10  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Claudiu,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 10:28 PM, York Sun <york.sun@nxp.com> wrote:
> On 06/10/2018 10:37 PM, Bin Meng wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 9:28 AM, Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Alison, Prabhakar,

>>> Would you please comment on this? Thanks!
>>
>> Ping ...
>>

> Bin,
>
> Our TSEC driver owner Claudiu Manoil (CC'ed) plans to work on the driver
> a while later.

Do you have ETA of the DM ETH conversion for LS1021ATWR board?

Regards,
Bin

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-07-17  8:54               ` Claudiu Manoil
From: Claudiu Manoil @ 2018-07-17  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> Ping ...
>>>

>> Bin,
>>
>> Our TSEC driver owner Claudiu Manoil (CC'ed) plans to work on the
>> driver a while later.
>
>Do you have ETA of the DM ETH conversion for LS1021ATWR board?

Hi,
No ETA right now. There's not only the LS1021ATRW board, there are also a lot of
legacy PowerPC platforms that would have to be converted too. All the platforms
featuring the TSEC h/w will have to be verified as well. Converting the TSEC driver
to work only for the ls1 twr board will break the other platforms.
Is there a urgent need to move to the new DM ETH model? Ensuring backward
compatibility, not breaking legacy platforms is the most important part here and
I don't have the bandwidth to do that right now.

Thanks,
Claudiu

* [U-Boot] ls1021atwr: Convert to use driver model TSEC driver
@ 2018-07-17  9:21                 ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2018-07-17  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Claudiu,

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Claudiu Manoil <claudiu.manoil@nxp.com> wrote:

> [...]

There might be some misunderstanding here. The TSEC driver has already
been converted to DM ETH. The driver supports both non-DM and DM. The
remaining work is to update LS1021ATWR board codes (ie: board device
tree file) to support DM ETH TSEC driver. These won't break the legacy
PowerPC platform. PowerPC conversion to DM ETH TSEC driver can be done
later.

Regards,
Bin