* Contribution to Yocto Linux.
@ 2017-10-20 17:22 Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-10-20 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi,

My name is Javier and live in Argentina.

Would like to know if it can be useful to test Yocto Linux's Kernel on
my Raspberry PI 3, and report bugs that maybe found.

Thanks for your attention.

Regards,

Javier Romero
E-mail: xavinux@gmail.com
Skype: xavinux

* Re: Contribution to Yocto Linux.
@ 2017-10-20 20:15 ` Matthew McClintock
From: Matthew McClintock @ 2017-10-20 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Romero; +Cc: yocto

It might be quite a bit of work to get linux-yocto working on the
rpi's since they are using their own kernel forks. Are you prepared to
reconcile the additional patches the rpi kernel's are carrying?

-M

@ 2017-10-20 23:19   ` Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-10-20 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew McClintock; +Cc: yocto

No, I`m not a programmer, but if I can help on something let it me know.

Regards,

Javier Romero
E-mail: xavinux@gmail.com
Skype: xavinux

@ 2017-10-20 23:33 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2017-10-20 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Javier Romero; +Cc: yocto

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 10:22 AM, Javier Romero <xavinux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Javier and live in Argentina.
>
> Would like to know if it can be useful to test Yocto Linux's Kernel on
> my Raspberry PI 3, and report bugs that maybe found.

If you want to try something diffrerent than rpi kernel fork. I would suggest
to try upstream kernel directly and see whats missing, usually it should work

@ 2017-10-20 23:37   ` Javier Romero
From: Javier Romero @ 2017-10-20 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Khem Raj; +Cc: yocto

Ok, thank you for your answer.