* I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel in Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?
@ 2014-10-13  5:04 sizel
From: sizel @ 2014-10-13  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

@ 2014-10-13  5:44 ` Anupam Kapoor
From: Anupam Kapoor @ 2014-10-13  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

imho, not a pertinent topic for this list

kind regards
anupam

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 10:34 AM, sizel <sizel@163.com> wrote:

In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.

@ 2014-10-13  6:36 ` Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu @ 2014-10-13  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:04:08 +0800, sizel said:
> I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel  in
> Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?

This would be a lot easier to answer if you gave us some actual details:

1) Why did you think audit and selinux were the problem? (They probably aren't).
2) What *exactly is "the network device"? A wireless card? 1G ethernet? 10G Ethernet?
INfiniband? Something else?
3) What configuration are you trying to set up?
4) What error message, if any, do you get?
5) Have you ruled out the easy stuff, like trying to start an Ethernet
port with a missing/bad cable?
6) Why do you think it's a kernel problem and not a userspace problem?
@ 2014-10-27  3:07   ` Peter Teoh
From: Peter Teoh @ 2014-10-27  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Sizel,

just some possibly pertinent question:

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:04:08 +0800, sizel said:
> > I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel  in
> > Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?
>
> "remove"...how do u do it?  recompile kernel CONFIG with SELINUX=n and
AUDIT=n?   or u just followed standard procedures (like below):

http://www.crypt.gen.nz/selinux/disable_selinux.html
https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/an-introduction-to-selinux-on-centos-7-part-1-basic-concepts

just like this case:

https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30942

I suspect it is just the improper way of configuring/disabling your SELINUX
that you got the errors....try again.....

> This would be a lot easier to answer if you gave us some actual details:
>
> 1) Why did you think audit and selinux were the problem? (They probably
> aren't).
> 2) What *exactly is "the network device"? A wireless card? 1G ethernet?
> 10G Ethernet?
> INfiniband? Something else?
> 3) What configuration are you trying to set up?
> 4) What error message, if any, do you get?
> 5) Have you ruled out the easy stuff, like trying to start an Ethernet
> port with a missing/bad cable?
> 6) Why do you think it's a kernel problem and not a userspace problem?

Peter Teoh