* [Qemu-devel] Query about BiteSizeTasks
@ 2016-03-21 13:41 haris iqbal
From: haris iqbal @ 2016-03-21 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Hello,

I saw a task which says to " Add checks for NULL return value to uses
of load_image_targphys,...". But what I saw in the codebase,
load_image_targphys() returns int. So why should it be checks for
NULL.

NULL check is for pointer which can also be changed to (void *)0.

Should the return value be checked for 0. But when I saw what the
function is doing, it basically is what lseek will return in
get_image_size() and lseek return (off_t)-1 if it fails.

--

With regards,

Md Haris Iqbal,
Placement Coordinator, MTech IT
NITK Surathkal,
Contact: +91 8861996962

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Query about BiteSizeTasks
@ 2016-03-21 13:56 ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2016-03-21 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: haris iqbal, qemu-devel

On 21/03/2016 14:41, haris iqbal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I saw a task which says to " Add checks for NULL return value to uses
> of load_image_targphys,...". But what I saw in the codebase,
> load_image_targphys() returns int. So why should it be checks for
> NULL.

You're right, in the case of load_image_targphys the error value is -1.
 I've fixed the wiki page.

Paolo

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Query about BiteSizeTasks
@ 2016-03-21 14:09   ` haris iqbal
From: haris iqbal @ 2016-03-21 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: qemu-devel

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 21/03/2016 14:41, haris iqbal wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I saw a task which says to " Add checks for NULL return value to uses
>> of load_image_targphys,...". But what I saw in the codebase,
>> load_image_targphys() returns int. So why should it be checks for
>> NULL.
>
> You're right, in the case of load_image_targphys the error value is -1.
>  I've fixed the wiki page.

Thanks.

--

@ 2016-03-22  4:34     ` haris iqbal
From: haris iqbal @ 2016-03-22  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paolo Bonzini; +Cc: qemu-devel

Hello,

One more thing I noticed was that there is no function prototype for
the function get_ticks_per_sec().

I was planning to use a script to change all the used of
get_ticks_per_sec() to NANOSECONDS_PER_SECOND with an exception of the
function definition itself in include/qemu/timer.h. SO wanted to know
if there is a function prototype that should also be skipped.

--

@ 2016-03-22  8:30       ` Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2016-03-22  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: haris iqbal; +Cc: qemu-devel

On 22/03/2016 05:34, haris iqbal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One more thing I noticed was that there is no function prototype for
> the function get_ticks_per_sec().
>
> I was planning to use a script to change all the used of
> get_ticks_per_sec() to NANOSECONDS_PER_SECOND with an exception of the
> function definition itself in include/qemu/timer.h. SO wanted to know
> if there is a function prototype that should also be skipped.

A patch for this has already been posted, though it's not yet in qemu.git.

Paolo