* [B.A.T.M.A.N.] tcp filtering in batman-adv
@ 2014-11-11 11:49 Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam
From: Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam @ 2014-11-11 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

Hi All,

Had anyone of you have ever done tcp filtering in batman - adv.
I have started to code it in send.c file in batman code. Using skb_buff
But not getting any expected out puts.
Any one have any better solutions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Best regards,
Krishna.

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] tcp filtering in batman-adv
@ 2014-11-11 13:38 ` Linus Lüssing
From: Linus Lüssing @ 2014-11-11 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 05:19:19PM +0530, Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Had anyone of you have ever done tcp filtering in batman - adv.
> I have started to code it in send.c file in batman code. Using skb_buff
> But not getting any expected out puts.
> Any one have any better solutions?

To avoid continuing this guessing game - would you mind explaining
a little what you want to achieve exactly in the end and why? I'm a
little curious :). And maybe that'll help finding the easiest,
most convinient way.

Cheers, Linus

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] tcp filtering in batman-adv
@ 2014-11-11 16:53   ` Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam
From: Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam @ 2014-11-11 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

hi,

oh. No suspense :)
i am currently experimenting with QoS services which can be provided
by batman-adv, for that thinking about creating a queue inside send.c
with packet filtering. thats why i wanna know where to read the data.

best regards,
krishna

--

@ 2014-11-12 17:38       ` Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam
From: Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam @ 2014-11-12 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

actually Andrew,
when i found that you can do port filtering in send.c i thought about
using that idea combining with kthreads to do QoS using batman-adv.
have you ever tried tc using batman-adv?
if so let me know how you did it

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Tcp filtering in batman-adv
@ 2014-11-12 15:31     ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2014-11-12 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 11:06:51AM +0530, Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> i don't understand you, can you rephrase it?

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Traffic-Control-HOWTO/index.html

This is the normal way to do QoS within Linux. You can do traffic
shaping, scheduling, policing, etc. I've not tried it, but you should
be able to apply tc commands to both the soft interface, bat0, and the
hard interface, wlan0.

Now you seem to be saying you want to do QoS in the middle of BATMAN.
Why? What can you do in the middle, which TC cannot do?

     Andrew

* Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] Tcp filtering in batman-adv
@ 2014-11-12  5:36   ` Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam
From: Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam @ 2014-11-12  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

--

@ 2014-11-12  4:29 ` Andrew Lunn
From: Andrew Lunn @ 2014-11-12  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

@ 2014-11-12  2:21 Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam
From: Krishnathiepan Rasanayagam @ 2014-11-12  2:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The list for a Better Approach To Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

hi all,

i am currently experimenting with QoS services which can be provided
by batman-adv, for that thinking about creating a queue inside send.c
with packet filtering. thats why i wanna know where to read the data.

let me know what is the file to  be modified.

--
Best regards,
Krishna.