From: Vladimir Gorshenin <gorshenin.vladimir@googlemail.com>
To: Git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Git archeology
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 08:19:12 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

My team and I as well as millions of other developers are excited to
have such tool at hand as Git. It helps us a lot.

Now we challenged ourselves to be even more productive with Git
analyzing our usage history.

And there is a problem, which I believe is fundamental for Git (please
prove me wrong): how to find all overlapping commits, e.g. touching
the same lines of code?

I played with “Git diff” and “Git blame” but without a reliable
result. “Git diff” gives only relative number of lines and it’s not
easy to track these number through 1000+ commits. “Git blame” has nice
output but without any information about deletion.

What would you advice me to do?

Regards,
Wladd