* Request for guidance
@ 2016-05-20  1:19 Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2016-05-20  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi All,

I am an Embedded Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience. I am
fascinated by kernel development and want to be a device driver developer.

I have done following so far.
#Studied LDD3.
#Subscribed to eudyptula challenge and submitted solution
for 4th task(waiting for next task).
#Have compiled and installed kernel successfully on multiple boards.

I want to start contributing to kernel so I looked into staging and
found that I can not work on TODO unless I have required hardware to
test patch (which
unfortunately I don't have).

Requesting you to guide me about how to start working on
kernel/device drivers development.

Thanks,
Abhishek

* Request for guidance
@ 2016-05-29 19:19 ` Manavendra Nath Manav
From: Manavendra Nath Manav @ 2016-05-29 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi Abhishek,
Get a embedded board like Beaglebone or Raspberry Pi and start interfacing
new sensors or communication devices.

-- manav m-n

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Abhishek <abhiyanta07@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am an Embedded Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience. I am
> fascinated by kernel development and want to be a device driver developer.
>
> I have done following so far.
> #Studied LDD3.
> #Subscribed to eudyptula challenge and submitted solution
> for 4th task(waiting for next task).
> #Have compiled and installed kernel successfully on multiple boards.
>
> I want to start contributing to kernel so I looked into staging and
> found that I can not work on TODO unless I have required hardware to
> test patch (which
> unfortunately I don't have).
>
> Requesting you to guide me about how to start working on
> kernel/device drivers development.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhishek

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Request for guidance
@ 2016-06-01  7:27   ` Drew Fustini
From: Drew Fustini @ 2016-06-01  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Free Electrons has excellent free training materials:
http://free-electrons.com/training/kernel/

Slides: http://free-electrons.com/doc/training/linux-kernel/linux-kernel-slides.pdf
Practical lab with BeagleBone Black:
http://free-electrons.com/doc/training/linux-kernel/linux-kernel-labs.pdf

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Manavendra Nath Manav
<mnm.kernel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Abhishek,
> Get a embedded board like Beaglebone or Raspberry Pi and start interfacing
> new sensors or communication devices.
>
> -- manav m-n
>
> On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 6:49 AM, Abhishek <abhiyanta07@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am an Embedded Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience. I am
>> fascinated by kernel development and want to be a device driver developer.
>>
>> I have done following so far.
>> #Studied LDD3.
>> #Subscribed to eudyptula challenge and submitted solution
>> for 4th task(waiting for next task).
>> #Have compiled and installed kernel successfully on multiple boards.
>>
>> I want to start contributing to kernel so I looked into staging and
>> found that I can not work on TODO unless I have required hardware to
>> test patch (which
>> unfortunately I don't have).
>>
>> Requesting you to guide me about how to start working on
>> kernel/device drivers development.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Abhishek

* Request for guidance
@ 2016-05-24 14:52   ` Abhishek
From: Abhishek @ 2016-05-24 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Tuesday 24 May 2016 10:17 AM, sanjeev sharma wrote:
> Hi Abhishek,
>
> There are some open source project where you can contribute too but I
> would suggest first you to work on Kernel Bugs available at
> https://bugzilla.kernel.org. This would boost your confidence.

Thanks Sanjeev.
Is there anything else that I can do in parallel with bugzilla?

> Regards
> Sanjeev Sharma
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 7:06 AM, Abhishek <sharma.kernel@gmail.com
> <mailto:sharma.kernel@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     I am an Embedded Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience. I am
>     fascinated by kernel development and want to be a device driver
>     developer.
>
>     I have done following so far.
>     #Studied LDD3.
>     #Subscribed to eudyptula challenge and submitted solution
>     for 4th task(waiting for next task).
>     #Have compiled and installed kernel successfully on multiple boards.
>
>     I want to start contributing to kernel so I looked into staging and
>     found that I can not work on TODO unless I have required hardware to
>     test patch (which unfortunately I don't have).
>
>     Requesting you to guide me about how to start working on
>     kernel/device drivers development.
>
>     Thanks,
>     Abhishek

* Request for guidance