* How to set PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS
@ 2019-06-06  8:02 Måns Zigher
From: Måns Zigher @ 2019-06-06  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Hi,

I am facing an issue described here
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-June/045565.html.
I have come to the conclusion that I need to add armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm
to PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS but it is not obvious how to do that based on
what is stated in the reference manual
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS,
at least not for me. I have gone through the existing usage of the
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS in poky but in there it is always used in
combination with tune so for example

PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_tune-armv7atb-neon  =
"${PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_tune-armv7atb} armv7ab-neon armv7at2b-neon"

How can I make sure to get armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm added to the
PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS variable and where should it be set local.conf,
machine configuration?

BR
Måns Zigher

* Re: How to set PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS
@ 2019-06-11  8:23 ` Måns Zigher
From: Måns Zigher @ 2019-06-11  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Adding

PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS = "${PACKAGE_EXTRA_ARCHS_tune-${DEFAULTTUNE}}
armv7ahf-neon-mx8mm"

To my machine config solved my problem but I am not sure if it belongs
here or not.

BR