* [Question] "global" package list used to bump up customer packages
@ 2021-02-19  8:53 Mans Zigher
From: Mans Zigher @ 2021-02-19  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: OE-core

Hi,

I have a problem getting my customer to understand how to work with
OE. They have a set of private packages that they continuously need to
bump up to use the latest version. The packages are stored up in an
artifactory server. I have an idea of maybe helping them out by adding
a manifest file containing a couple of entries for each package

VERSION = "0.25.6"
SRC_URI[md5sum] = "0d6bc46bb69b2a0dce0c042d27b4f25c"
SRC_URI[sha256sum] =
"c20ea63a5e2f24e25d91e5cdfaa6b4b3735739d6170bea7b2b7d429fc397b718"

This manifest should then be pulled into the bitbake environment so
that the packages can read these entries and download what is needed.
Any comments regarding this potential solution would be greatly
appreciated.

Also I have a faint memory of seeing something similar solution so if
you know if something already exists then I would appreciate if you
could let me know.

BR