* raid5 Unplug the disk
@ 2015-01-28  6:44 lilofile
From: lilofile @ 2015-01-28  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lilofile, stan, Linux RAID

kernel  linux 3.10, centos
when I use 5 disk to create raid5,after sync complete, I unplug a disk,and wait a moment, then replug the same disk.

the original 4 disk are still a raid5 which is degraded.
I find the single disk  become a new raid5,but inactive,what the reason?

* Re: raid5 Unplug the disk
@ 2015-01-28 16:59 ` John Drescher
From: John Drescher @ 2015-01-28 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lilofile; +Cc: stan, Linux RAID

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 1:44 AM, lilofile <lilofile@aliyun.com> wrote:
> kernel  linux 3.10, centos
> when I use 5 disk to create raid5,after sync complete, I unplug a disk,and wait a moment, then replug the same disk.
>
> the original 4 disk are still a raid5 which is degraded.
> I find the single disk  become a new raid5,but inactive,what the reason?

stop whatever new array that shows up then use

mdadm --manage /dev/mymddevice --re-add /dev/disk5

John

* Re: raid5 Unplug the disk
@ 2015-02-05  5:03   ` NeilBrown
From: NeilBrown @ 2015-02-05  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)