* RTL8723BS BLE Support
@ 2015-06-11  9:07 Drasko DRASKOVIC
From: Drasko DRASKOVIC @ 2015-06-11  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-wireless, Larry Finger, Rathgeb Paul, uros petrevski

Hi all,
I can see here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bs_bt Bluetooth
support for RTL8723BS chip support. This chip should support Bluetooth
Low Energy, based on this -
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Realtek_RTL8723BS_Combo_Module_(SDIO),
although I do not see BLE mention in the datasheet:
http://space.cechina.cn/infosharedownload.aspx?id=1011.

I was wondering about the satate of this driver and BLE (not only
Bluetooth, but specifically Bletooth Low Energy) support in Linux for
this WiFi chip - did anybody use it, have this been proven to work for
someone?

Best regards,
Drasko

* Re: RTL8723BS BLE Support
@ 2015-06-11 21:41 ` Larry Finger
From: Larry Finger @ 2015-06-11 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drasko DRASKOVIC, linux-wireless, Rathgeb Paul, uros petrevski

On 06/11/2015 04:07 AM, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:
> Hi all,
> I can see here: https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bs_bt Bluetooth
> support for RTL8723BS chip support. This chip should support Bluetooth
> Low Energy, based on this -
> https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Realtek_RTL8723BS_Combo_Module_(SDIO),
> although I do not see BLE mention in the datasheet:
> http://space.cechina.cn/infosharedownload.aspx?id=1011.
>
> I was wondering about the satate of this driver and BLE (not only
> Bluetooth, but specifically Bletooth Low Energy) support in Linux for
> this WiFi chip - did anybody use it, have this been proven to work for
> someone?

I created that repo from the driver that Realtek sent me. My only changes were
to ensure that it built on a number of kernel versions.

As I have no idea who wrote the wikidevi.com article, I have no idea if they
knew much about this chip. I am certain that the datasheet came from Realtek. If
they do not mention Bluetooth Low Energy, then the chip probably does not
support it.

Larry