* Eudyptula Challenge response submission
@ 2015-01-31 14:09 Alisha Jain
From: Alisha Jain @ 2015-01-31 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello

I am a newbie in the world of Linux Kernel. So I started Eudyptula
Challenge. I have completed the patch along with the Makefile and it
is being loaded successfully on my system.

But I am stuck on how to send my response through mail. I am trying it
from last two days, but didn't succeed. I am using Alpine web-client.

Please guide me for it.

--
Alisha Jain
blog - jainalisha14.wordpress.com

* Eudyptula Challenge response submission
@ 2015-01-31 15:04 ` Fernando Apesteguía
From: Fernando Apesteguía @ 2015-01-31 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

El 31/01/2015 15:10, "Alisha Jain" <jain.alisha14@gmail.com> escribi?:

> Hello
>
> I am a newbie in the world of Linux Kernel. So I started Eudyptula
> Challenge. I have completed the patch along with the Makefile and it
> is being loaded successfully on my system.
>
> But I am stuck on how to send my response through mail. I am trying it
> from last two days, but didn't succeed. I am using Alpine web-client.

Search the archives for similar problems sending emails for the challenge.
My personal advice is to use mutt.

Regards.

PS: enjoy the journey of the challenge!

> Please guide me for it.
>
> --
> Alisha Jain
> blog - jainalisha14.wordpress.com
> "Your Failure does not define you, but your determination does."

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* Eudyptula Challenge response submission
@ 2015-01-31 18:05 ` Jonathan Jin
       [not found]   ` <CAErbfBmo7VVuEAr65emJ-L2bykG4Y9cH8bNzmevM8dUbkbMwwg@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jonathan Jin @ 2015-01-31 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Here, this link should help: http://kernelnewbies.org/FirstKernelPatch

--
Jonathan Jin
jjin.me

@ 2015-01-31 18:14     ` Jonathan Jin
From: Jonathan Jin @ 2015-01-31 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:40:13PM +0530, Alisha Jain wrote:
> I just want to know what proof should I give?

Re-adding this discussion back to the mailing list. When you respond to
someone on the mailing list, be sure to also CC the list itself, so as
to include everybody in the conversation and get as many voices involved
as possible.

That said, in terms of proof, Little leaves it, to my understanding,
very much up to your personal judgment. Maybe you could consider
attaching some form of logging output to your submission email?

--
Jonathan Jin
jjin.me

* Eudyptula Challenge response submission
@ 2015-01-31 18:26       ` Alisha Jain
From: Alisha Jain @ 2015-01-31 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:44 PM, Jonathan Jin <jjin082693@gmail.com> wrote:
> Re-adding this discussion back to the mailing list. When you respond to
> someone on the mailing list, be sure to also CC the list itself, so as
> to include everybody in the conversation and get as many voices involved
> as possible.

I will surely take care of it in future.

> That said, in terms of proof, Little leaves it, to my understanding,
> very much up to your personal judgment.

Sorry, I didn't get you.

> Maybe you could consider
> attaching some form of logging output to your submission email?

Yes

--

@ 2015-01-31 18:41         ` Jonathan Jin
From: Jonathan Jin @ 2015-01-31 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 11:56:31PM +0530, Alisha Jain wrote:
> > That said, in terms of proof, Little leaves it, to my understanding,
> > very much up to your personal judgment.
>
> Sorry, I didn't get you.

What I meant is that the Eudyptula Challenge doesn't have any hard-fast
rules about exactly what constitutes adequate "evidence"; the admin
leaves it up to you to decide what kind of information to provide that
would be sufficient.

One way to think of it: if you were the admin, and you were critiquing
a submission for the Task that you yourself are submitting for, what
would be enough to convince *you* that the implementation was correct?

Be very critical of yourself; it is, to my understanding, hard to
overestimate just how critical kernel devs are.

Do keep in mind, though, that I myself am also a newbie and that I am
also working through the Challenge, so do listen to everything I say
with the requisite grains of salt; hopefully more experienced members of
the mailing list can chime in as well. But I personally believe that
adopting this sort of self-critical mindset towards your work will pay
huge dividends later on.

--
Jonathan Jin
jjin.me

* Eudyptula Challenge response submission
@ 2015-02-02  5:22 ` sanjeev sharma
From: sanjeev sharma @ 2015-02-02  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello Alisha,