* how do I deal with two meta-fsl-ppc repos?
@ 2012-07-03 23:23 Bob Cochran
From: Bob Cochran @ 2012-07-03 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

Hello,

I can find a meta-fsl-ppc tree at http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/
and also one at http://git.yoctoproject.org/.

The former was last updated 12 days ago and the latter was last updated
5 weeks ago.

Which repo am I supposed to use going forward?  Please explain how these
two trees will differ.  I'm hoping that the yocto meta-fsl-ppc repo will
stay active as both a repo for edison patches and for a master branch
that will benefit from community feedback, discussion, and patches.

Thanks,

Bob

* Re: how do I deal with two meta-fsl-ppc repos?
@ 2012-07-04 17:04 ` McClintock Matthew-B29882
From: McClintock Matthew-B29882 @ 2012-07-04 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Cochran; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Bob Cochran <yocto@mindchasers.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I can find a meta-fsl-ppc tree at http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/ and
> also one at http://git.yoctoproject.org/.
>
> The former was last updated 12 days ago and the latter was last updated 5
> weeks ago.
>
> Which repo am I supposed to use going forward?  Please explain how these two
> trees will differ.  I'm hoping that the yocto meta-fsl-ppc repo will stay
> active as both a repo for edison patches and for a master branch that will
> benefit from community feedback, discussion, and patches.

One is for the official SDK and one is for the official Yocto project.
Much like how kernel trees were there are upstream and internal BSP
versions. If you plan to use the official Yocto sources I would go
with the one on yoctoproject.org and pick the branch based off the
release you want to use. If you use our SDK use the other one.

-M