* [cip-dev] [test issue #99] Issues with installing when running behind a web proxy
@ 2018-02-14 13:04 Zoran S
From: Zoran S @ 2018-02-14 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

https://gitlab.com/cip-project/cip-testing/testing/issues/99

Also from:
https://lists.cip-project.org/pipermail/cip-dev/2017-July/000338.html

At the end of test issue #99, I added the solution to this problem.

Lava does NOT read VM's ENV variables. It ignores them. Lava reads
/etc/lava-server/env.yaml as setup proxy file!

Included there also /etc/lava-server/env.yaml file example.

It could be done also DIRECTLY (every time bringing up the VM) using
python, tapping into the urllib3 python code (example given):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31151615/how-to-handle-proxies-in-urllib3

I've tried this, using in-line python interpreter, it worked.

Zoran

* [cip-dev] [IMPORTANT - test issue #99] Issues with installing when running behind a web proxy
@ 2018-02-16  9:05 ` Zoran S
From: Zoran S @ 2018-02-16  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cip-dev

More about proxies:

Here is update on the Lava proxy business. Please, read this very
carefully, since this is the solution to the problems with Lava
proxies, as well as Lava DUT ones.

YES, after applying what Remi advised to me, the qemu01 test:
https://www.validation.linaro.org/static/docs/v2/first-job.html

worked like a charm. I simply copied /etc/lava-server/env.yaml to
/etc/lava-server/env.dut.yaml (and created the new file).

Remi, I would like to thank you for the advise!

Best Regards,
Zoran Stojsavljevic