* devtool question/issue
@ 2021-02-06  1:06 gartnerd
From: gartnerd @ 2021-02-06  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

I've been following along on this youtube video created by a Yocto
developer:

https://youtu.be/nqHylLP2NmA?t=1592

I can reproduce everything presented until it comes to using devtool (as
shown at the time index in the link given above). When attempting to run:

devtool add git://blah-blah-gitrepo

I get the error:

ERROR: workspace layer not set up

My understanding from the documentation is that the "workspace" layer gets
created (if it doesn't exist) when running devtool with a command such as
add.

Since I'm new at using Yocto, it's likely that I"m missing something
fundamental here.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated