* [Buildroot] local autobuild failures
@ 2020-07-18  6:14 Heiko Thiery
From: Heiko Thiery @ 2020-07-18  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi all,

I installed an autobuilder instance locally on our build host. As
Thomas suggested I checked the results before sending the results to
the autobuilder result server.
I faced the following failures that I'm not sure if this depends on
the host configuration/installation or if it is a failure in the
package.

Could someone take a look at that and give me some feedback/hints? The
build runs on a debian 10 installation that normally builds our
buildroot based projects.

uclibc:
https://pastebin.com/D459072K
https://filebin.net/ciweyuk38es1igea

haproxy:
https://pastebin.com/YxSv6FSJ
https://filebin.net/pydnt9vdhfkzn53n

--
Heiko

* [Buildroot] local autobuild failures
@ 2020-07-18 12:10 ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-07-18 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 08:14:39 +0200
Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery@gmail.com> wrote:

> uclibc:
> https://pastebin.com/D459072K
> https://filebin.net/ciweyuk38es1igea

This one is I believe a build environment issue indeed: you need one
UTF-8 locale available in your system. However, this is normally
checked by the following bits of code in
support/dependencies/dependencies.sh:

if grep ^BR2_NEEDS_HOST_UTF8_LOCALE=y $BR2_CONFIG > /dev/null; then
        if ! which locale > /dev/null ; then
                echo
                echo "You need locale support on your build machine to build a toolchain supporting locales"
                exit 1 ;
        fi
        if ! locale -a | grep -q -i -E 'utf-?8$' ; then
                echo
                echo "You need at least one UTF8 locale to build a toolchain supporting locales"
                exit 1 ;
        fi
fi

Could you have a look at whether you have an UTF-8 locale or not ?

> haproxy:
> https://pastebin.com/YxSv6FSJ
> https://filebin.net/pydnt9vdhfkzn53n

This is not a build environment issue. Either it is fixed by commit
37eda7196e3414fbd3a054b7b43980d2219faffb, or it is another related
issue, but clearly not related to your build environment.

Best regards,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering

* [Buildroot] local autobuild failures
@ 2020-07-18 18:10   ` Heiko Thiery
From: Heiko Thiery @ 2020-07-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,

Am Sa., 18. Juli 2020 um 14:10 Uhr schrieb Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com>:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 08:14:39 +0200
> Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > uclibc:
> > https://pastebin.com/D459072K
> > https://filebin.net/ciweyuk38es1igea
>
> This one is I believe a build environment issue indeed: you need one
> UTF-8 locale available in your system. However, this is normally
> checked by the following bits of code in
> support/dependencies/dependencies.sh:
>
> if grep ^BR2_NEEDS_HOST_UTF8_LOCALE=y $BR2_CONFIG > /dev/null; then
>         if ! which locale > /dev/null ; then
>                 echo
>                 echo "You need locale support on your build machine to build a toolchain supporting locales"
>                 exit 1 ;
>         fi
>         if ! locale -a | grep -q -i -E 'utf-?8$' ; then
>                 echo
>                 echo "You need at least one UTF8 locale to build a toolchain supporting locales"
>                 exit 1 ;
>         fi
> fi
>
> Could you have a look at whether you have an UTF-8 locale or not ?

buildroot at USE306VV1C:/srv/storage/autobuild/run$ locale -a
C.UTF-8
POSIX

local seems to be ok. Any other suggestions?

--
Heiko

* [Buildroot] local autobuild failures
@ 2020-07-19  8:03     ` Thomas Petazzoni
From: Thomas Petazzoni @ 2020-07-19  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 20:10:08 +0200
Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery@gmail.com> wrote:

> buildroot at USE306VV1C:/srv/storage/autobuild/run$ locale -a
> C.UTF-8
> POSIX
>
> local seems to be ok. Any other suggestions?

Could you try adding a non-C UTF-8 locale, en_US.UTF-8, or something
like that, and see what happens ?

Thomas
--

@ 2020-07-19 18:12       ` Heiko Thiery
From: Heiko Thiery @ 2020-07-19 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi Thomas,

Am So., 19. Juli 2020 um 10:03 Uhr schrieb Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com>:

> On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 20:10:08 +0200
> Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > buildroot at USE306VV1C:/srv/storage/autobuild/run$ locale -a
> > C.UTF-8
> > POSIX
> >
> > local seems to be ok. Any other suggestions?
>
> Could you try adding a non-C UTF-8 locale, en_US.UTF-8, or something
> like that, and see what happens ?

With installing en_US.utf8 the issue seems to be gone.

Does that mean the check in support/dependencies/dependencies.sh [1]
is not correct?

[1] https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/support/dependencies/dependencies.sh#n189

--
Heiko

* [Buildroot] local autobuild failures
@ 2020-07-19 19:44         ` Yann E. MORIN
From: Yann E. MORIN @ 2020-07-19 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Heiko, All,

On 2020-07-19 20:12 +0200, Heiko Thiery spake thusly:
> Am So., 19. Juli 2020 um 10:03 Uhr schrieb Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni@bootlin.com>:
> > On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 20:10:08 +0200
> > Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > buildroot at USE306VV1C:/srv/storage/autobuild/run$ locale -a
> > > C.UTF-8
> > > POSIX
> > Could you try adding a non-C UTF-8 locale, en_US.UTF-8, or something
> > like that, and see what happens ?
> With installing en_US.utf8 the issue seems to be gone.
> Does that mean the check in support/dependencies/dependencies.sh [1]
> is not correct?
> [1] https://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/tree/support/dependencies/dependencies.sh#n189

Yes, we should filter out C.UTF-8.

Regards,