* Video encoding on OMAP4430
@ 2014-09-24  8:53 Manuel Torres
From: Manuel Torres @ 2014-09-24  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta-ti

Hello everyone,

I am using a Gumstix Duovero Zephyr, which is based on OMAP4430, and I
would like to use the OMAP video encoding capabilities.

I got this working with a Gumstix Overo IronStorm by adding "gstreamer-ti"
to the image recipe but, if I run this target with "duovero" as machine, I
get the following error:

NOTE: Preparing runqueue
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
WARNING: Failed to fetch URL svn://
gforge.ti.com/svn/dmai/;module=UNDEFINED_DMAIBRANCH;protocol=https;user=anonymous;pswd='',
attempting MIRRORS if available
ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 1, output:
svn: E205000: Syntax error in revision argument 'UNDEFINED_SRCREV'

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'svn://
gforge.ti.com/svn/dmai/;module=UNDEFINED_DMAIBRANCH;protocol=https;user=anonymous;pswd='''.
Unable to fetch URL from any source.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Should I add a different target to the
recipe?

* Re: Video encoding on OMAP4430
@ 2014-09-25 12:57 ` Enrico
From: Enrico @ 2014-09-25 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Torres; +Cc: meta-ti

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Manuel Torres
<manuel.torres.fernandez@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using a Gumstix Duovero Zephyr, which is based on OMAP4430, and I would
> like to use the OMAP video encoding capabilities.
>
> I got this working with a Gumstix Overo IronStorm by adding "gstreamer-ti"
> to the image recipe but, if I run this target with "duovero" as machine, I
> get the following error:

gstreamer-ti is the recipe for omap3/dm3xx platforms, with omap4 you
should use gst-plugins-ducati but i don't know if it has been tested
on omap4 and/or omap5.

Enrico

* Re: Video encoding on OMAP4430
@ 2014-09-25 14:31   ` Manuel Torres
From: Manuel Torres @ 2014-09-25 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enrico; +Cc: meta-ti

First of all, thank you for taking the time to help me.

Now, back on topic: should I download the "meta-arago-extras" layer? That
is what I found on Google when I searched for "gst-plugins-ducati".

@ 2014-09-25 15:33     ` Enrico
From: Enrico @ 2014-09-25 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Torres; +Cc: meta-ti

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Manuel Torres
<manuel.torres.fernandez@gmail.com> wrote:
> First of all, thank you for taking the time to help me.
>
> Now, back on topic: should I download the "meta-arago-extras" layer? That is
> what I found on Google when I searched for "gst-plugins-ducati".

You should just follow the steps to build latest arago, build a simple
console-image and if everything is ok you can go on building gstreamer
and the ducati plugin.
You will need meta-gumstix of course.

Enrico

* Re: Video encoding on OMAP4430
@ 2014-09-25 15:57       ` Manuel Torres
From: Manuel Torres @ 2014-09-25 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enrico; +Cc: meta-ti

Which console image should I build? The Arago or the Gumstix one?

@ 2014-09-25 16:05         ` Enrico
From: Enrico @ 2014-09-25 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manuel Torres; +Cc: meta-ti

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Manuel Torres
<manuel.torres.fernandez@gmail.com> wrote:
> Which console image should I build? The Arago or the Gumstix one?

The arago one, just to be sure you have a working setup.

(and btw you shouldn't have the gumstix one, because it's in gumstix-extras).

Enrico

@ 2014-09-25 16:48           ` Denys Dmytriyenko
From: Denys Dmytriyenko @ 2014-09-25 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Enrico; +Cc: meta-ti

There are some pieces of accelerated multimedia with gstreamer in
meta-arago-extras:

http://arago-project.org/git/?p=meta-arago.git;a=tree;f=meta-arago-extras/recipes-multimedia;hb=HEAD

Although, those are currently being used for OMAP5 and derived parts, so
compatibility with OMAP4 is not guaranteed. If you are adventurous enough, you
are welcome to try those. You'd need gst-plugin-ducati and libdce.

Also you might need "mm-accel" versions of gstreamer components, which are
used when "mmip" flag in MACHINE_FEATURES is set...

You would also be better off moving the further discussion to
meta-arago@arago-project.org mailing list, since this is not BSP specific.

--
Denys

@ 2014-09-26  8:21             ` Manuel Torres