* Fwd: if ceph tracker says the source was QA, what version that I have to checkout?
       [not found] ` <CAJ+86MN1GkiO1coWEXeEkKxmijKRL8zEvszeXPpa-Ky4vXfxSA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-10-09 23:21   ` agung Laksono
From: agung Laksono @ 2016-10-09 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ceph Users, ceph-devel-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

Hi All ceph users,

I am interesting to learn ceph bug.

Some bugs that I learned pointing particular ceph version or tags for their
buggy part.
However I found some bugs put Q/A as the source.
For instance http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9301

when I checked out on giant and firefly version, I saw the significant
different between
the version and the revision that changed by the developer.

My question is how to have a buggy version( version when the patch has not
been implemented)?

Thanks

--
Cheers,

Agung Laksono

* Re: [ceph-users] Fwd: if ceph tracker says the source was QA, what version that I have to checkout?
@ 2016-10-09 23:28     ` Brad Hubbard
       [not found]       ` <CAF-wwdG8AEqQJZqhpJb74Y5h-T7i_TZBsb+aYstyha3UhmrYmQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Brad Hubbard @ 2016-10-09 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: agung Laksono; +Cc: Ceph Users, ceph-devel

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:21 AM, agung Laksono <agung.smarts@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All ceph users,
>
> I am interesting to learn ceph bug.
>
> Some bugs that I learned pointing particular ceph version or tags for their
> buggy part.
> However I found some bugs put Q/A as the source.
> For instance http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/9301
>
> when I checked out on giant and firefly version, I saw the significant
> different between
> the version and the revision that changed by the developer.
>
> My question is how to have a buggy version( version when the patch has not
> been implemented)?

For this particular commit we can ask git.

http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph/repository/revisions/c421b55e8e15ef04ca8aeb47f7d090375eaa8573

$ git describe c421b55e8e15ef04ca8aeb47f7d090375eaa8573
v0.85-884-gc421b55

So this was the 884th commit after the v0.85 tag and you need to check
out a copy of the source before that.

> Thanks
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Agung Laksono

Cheers,
Brad

* Re: Fwd: if ceph tracker says the source was QA, what version that I have to checkout?
       [not found]       ` <CAF-wwdG8AEqQJZqhpJb74Y5h-T7i_TZBsb+aYstyha3UhmrYmQ-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2016-10-09 23:51         ` agung Laksono
       [not found]           ` <CAJ+86MMy8K+obb-ywoC+a9_gBgqXJkozbzs7hpvquC4bJa=OCA-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: agung Laksono @ 2016-10-09 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brad Hubbard; +Cc: Ceph Users, ceph-devel

thank you for the answer Brad,

so the thing that I have to do is that:
- see the commit version
- checkout to the commit version
- see the log ( git log -p -1)
- ultimately, checkout the older one.

Am I correct?

--
Cheers,

Agung Laksono

@ 2016-10-10  0:18             ` Brad Hubbard
       [not found]               ` <20161010001800.GA6044-N1T7puQKft1Sq9BJjBFyUp/QNRX+jHPU@public.gmane.org>
From: Brad Hubbard @ 2016-10-10  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: agung Laksono; +Cc: Ceph Users, ceph-devel

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 9:51 AM, agung Laksono <agung.smarts-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> thank you for the answer Brad,
>
> so the thing that I have to do is that:
> - see the commit version
> - checkout to the commit version
> - see the log ( git log -p -1)
> - ultimately, checkout the older one.
>
> Am I correct?

Yes, that's pretty much it. The following should be your starting point.

$ git checkout c421b55e8e15ef04ca8aeb47f7d090375eaa8573~1

It's not guaranteed that every commit will build and test successfully so you
may need to move further back from that point or even use the previous tag (in
this case v0.85).

--

@ 2016-10-10  0:25                 ` agung Laksono
From: agung Laksono @ 2016-10-10  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)