* Using NFS with HIGHMEM support
@ 2011-11-28  8:37 Jacky Lam
From: Jacky Lam @ 2011-11-28  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-mips

Hi,

     I am using mips-linux-3.0.4 with HIGHMEM enabled. Everything is
working fine, but I find something strange that when I execute a
statically-linked binary through NFS mounted directory. It will gives me
an illegal instruction error or  SIGSEGV. If I run it again, the binary
can run without problem. I have to reboot or drop all the vm cache in
order to reproduce the error again.

    Also, if I run the binary in harddisk or dynamically link the
binary, no problem will be found.

     Any suggestion to debug this problem? Thanks.

Jacky

* Re: Using NFS with HIGHMEM support
@ 2012-02-27 10:04 ` Dennis.Yxun
From: Dennis.Yxun @ 2012-02-27 10:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jacky Lam; +Cc: linux-mips

HI:
 I'm encountered pretty much the same problem here
 I'm tracing with current 3.3-rc4 branch(from ralf's tree)
 If I put rootfs at nand flash + highmem enabled, then execute problem may
give
illegal instruction error, bus error, try it again may run success.
 but if I don't enable highmem, then problem is gone.
 any hints? thanks

Dennis

@ 2012-02-29  9:43   ` Ans_linu
From: Ans_linu @ 2012-02-29  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)