* Can one VCPU use all physical CPUs in the host
@ 2011-07-25  0:35 xc l
From: xc l @ 2011-07-25  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, xen-users

Hi all

I have a multi-core physical machine, and I run domain-1 whose VCPU count is
one, Can this VCPU use all the processors in the host?

Many thanks!

* RE: Can one VCPU use all physical CPUs in the host
@ 2011-07-25  8:27 ` Zary Matej
From: Zary Matej @ 2011-07-25  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xc l, xen-devel, xen-users

Hi, it can use just one physical CPU at time. If the VCPU is not pinned on particular CPU (CPU core), it can be migrated over various physical CPUs over time by Xen. But it cannot "aggregate" performance of more physical CPUs. It will utilize 100% of single physical core in the best scenario. :)

Regards

Matej