* The meaning of acronym of PIO in kernel?
@ 2011-11-04  7:58 loody
From: loody @ 2011-11-04  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hi all:
I found except DMA transfer, there is a mode called PIO.
Where I can find the document of this and what is full name of it?

* The meaning of acronym of PIO in kernel?
@ 2011-11-04  9:05 ` Leon Woestenberg
From: Leon Woestenberg @ 2011-11-04  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kernelnewbies

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM, loody <miloody@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
> I found except DMA transfer, there is a mode called PIO.
> Where I can find the document of this and what is full name of it?

Use search engine powers on PIO, for "Programmed Input/Output".

It's not Linux specific, it's computer / micro-architecture specific
terminology.

Leon