* How to keep image version and changelog
@ 2015-12-23 13:22 Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2015-12-23 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi everybody,

I need to versionate and keep a changelog of my images. Today I have a
file (/etc/image-version) that holds the image vesion taken from PV of
my image recipe and compilation date. I need to keep a changelog so I
can easily keep track of changes in image.

My first idea was creating an CHANGELOG variable inside the image's
recipe, update it there and have a kind of auto PV to increment at
everychange on recipe. So I can simply fix bugs and

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"
  Yoda Master

* Re: How to keep image version and changelog
@ 2015-12-23 17:26 ` Daniel.
From: Daniel. @ 2015-12-23 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi, sorry I miss pressed enter :/

continued...

So I can simply fix bugs and update changelog with the fixes, this
should autoincrement the version of image and everything should work
in a nearly automagic way. I just have to update the changelog and the
image version is updated too. But I have problems puting new lines
inside variable, any ideas?

Best regards,

--
"Do or do not. There is no try"