* btrfs and linux-rt
@ 2015-03-12  4:16 Daniel Kasak
From: Daniel Kasak @ 2015-03-12  4:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Greetings.

I've just re-installed Linux on my laptop, and to my horror ... linux-rt is
not compatible with btrfs. I have all my partitions using btrfs now. When
Linux boots, it hangs when mounting the root partition. I've searched
around a little, and found others reporting the same. Are there any plans
to sort out this incompatibility?

Thanks :)

Dan

* Re: btrfs and linux-rt
@ 2015-03-13 11:38 ` Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior @ 2015-03-13 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kasak; +Cc: linux-rt-users

* Daniel Kasak | 2015-03-12 15:16:24 [+1100]:

>Greetings.
Hi Daniel,

>I've just re-installed Linux on my laptop, and to my horror ... linux-rt is
>not compatible with btrfs. I have all my partitions using btrfs now. When
>Linux boots, it hangs when mounting the root partition. I've searched
>around a little, and found others reporting the same. Are there any plans
>to sort out this incompatibility?

I remember some people complained about btrfs. I then bootet a kvm
machine with btrfs as rootfs and it worked fine… Are you using some
"special" btrfs features or is this just a plain install?

>Thanks :)
>
>Dan

Sebastian

* Re: btrfs and linux-rt
@ 2015-03-13 21:14   ` Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
       [not found]     ` <CAF73Y=RDjYCZK_YbLy9KCvNz_x9dtjZV=Q0uo-V9SWZ27TQBCA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior @ 2015-03-13 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kasak; +Cc: linux-rt-users

* Sebastian Andrzej Siewior | 2015-03-13 12:38:32 [+0100]:

>I remember some people complained about btrfs. I then bootet a kvm
>machine with btrfs as rootfs and it worked fine… Are you using some
>"special" btrfs features or is this just a plain install?

Okay. Among other things I manged to install fc21 on btrfs and it
booted (well systemd complain about missing things and did not want to
continue but I got a shell and could login which means btrfs got
mounted).

>>Thanks :)
>>
>>Dan

Sebastian

* Re: btrfs and linux-rt
@ 2015-03-14  6:52     ` Daniel Kasak
       [not found]     ` <CAF73Y=RDjYCZK_YbLy9KCvNz_x9dtjZV=Q0uo-V9SWZ27TQBCA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Daniel Kasak @ 2015-03-14  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-rt-users

Interesting.

Nah I wasn't doing anything special with btrfs. I'll try again with a
3.18 kernel and see if it's magically resolved :)

Dan

On Sat, Mar 14, 2015 at 8:14 AM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior
<bigeasy@linutronix.de> wrote:
> * Sebastian Andrzej Siewior | 2015-03-13 12:38:32 [+0100]:
>
>>I remember some people complained about btrfs. I then bootet a kvm
>>machine with btrfs as rootfs and it worked fine… Are you using some
>>"special" btrfs features or is this just a plain install?
>
> Okay. Among other things I manged to install fc21 on btrfs and it
> booted (well systemd complain about missing things and did not want to
> continue but I got a shell and could login which means btrfs got
> mounted).
>
>>>Thanks :)
>>>
>>>Dan
>
> Sebastian

* Re: btrfs and linux-rt
       [not found]     ` <CAF73Y=RDjYCZK_YbLy9KCvNz_x9dtjZV=Q0uo-V9SWZ27TQBCA@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2015-03-28 23:55       ` Daniel Kasak
From: Daniel Kasak @ 2015-03-28 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Andrzej Siewior; +Cc: linux-rt-users

I've tested with 3.18.9-rt5, and I'm happy to report that this kernel
works fine for me :)

Dan