* proposed schedule for 6.2 release
@ 2021-09-02 10:36 Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-09-02 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

Draft schedule for 6.2. This is just starting from "don't want
a possibly-late release to get too close to xmas holiday season"
and working backwards.

2021-11-02 Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point.
           All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer
           tree and all pull requests from submaintainers must have
           been sent to the list by this date.
2021-11-09 Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0
2021-11-16 Tag rc1
2021-11-23 Tag rc2
2021-11-30 Tag rc3
2021-12-07 Release; or tag rc4 if needed
2021-12-14 Release if we needed an rc4

Opinions?

-- PMM

* Re: proposed schedule for 6.2 release
@ 2021-09-03 13:36 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2021-09-03 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

On 9/2/21 12:36 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Draft schedule for 6.2. This is just starting from "don't want
> a possibly-late release to get too close to xmas holiday season"
> and working backwards.
>
> 2021-11-02 Soft feature freeze. Only bug fixes after this point.
>             All feature changes must be already in a sub maintainer
>             tree and all pull requests from submaintainers must have
>             been sent to the list by this date.
> 2021-11-09 Hard feature freeze. Tag rc0
> 2021-11-16 Tag rc1
> 2021-11-23 Tag rc2
> 2021-11-30 Tag rc3
> 2021-12-07 Release; or tag rc4 if needed
> 2021-12-14 Release if we needed an rc4

Looks plausible.  There's the US thanksgiving holiday on the 26th, but I would hope that
the number of merges required for rc3 would already be low.

r~