* Error in accel/tcg?
@ 2021-07-19 22:18 Kenneth Adam Miller
From: Kenneth Adam Miller @ 2021-07-19 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

Hello,

I get the following error:

<long cmd here> -c ../accel/tcg/cputlb.c
../qemu/accel/tcg/cputlb.c: In function 'tlb_flush_page_by_mmuidx':
../qemu/accel/tcg/cputlb.c:602:23: error: comparison is always true due to
limited range of data type [-Werror=type-limits]
    } else if (idxmap < TARGET_PAGE_SIZE) {

I don't know why that suddenly shows up. The variable idxmap is a uint16_t
and I haven't changed that at all. Also, the TARGET_PAGE_SIZE is indicated
set by cscope/global tags in a specific header, and there's no reason to
believe that the value it takes happens to be larger than a uint16_t, so I
suppose that the static tags are lacking where the compiler evaluation
would indicate correctly.

In other parts of the code, I think somehow the meson build system is
triggering errors for warnings, so things like uninitialized variables that
have their address passed so that a called function can edit them are
making. But I didn't specifically turn on any of these warnings to error
settings. So my other thought is, perhaps because a version of gcc has some
implicit initialization for variables declared without initialization. I
checked that and resolved those. But I've been stumped for a while on the
idxmap problem.