* KVM call agenda for 2013-07-30
@ 2013-07-23  6:33 ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-07-23  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering.

Thanks, Juan.

PD.  If you want to attend and you don't have the call details,
      contact me.

* [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-07-30
@ 2013-07-23  6:33 ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-07-23  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering.

Thanks, Juan.

PD.  If you want to attend and you don't have the call details,
      contact me.

* Re: KVM call agenda for 2013-07-30
@ 2013-07-23  7:55   ` Christian Borntraeger
From: Christian Borntraeger @ 2013-07-23  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 23/07/13 08:33, Juan Quintela wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering.

- soft reset and other reset variants. What is the right way to go?
(e.g. on s390 there are several reset variants that reset a defined subset of the
system. This can be triggered by operating systems, e.g. kdump uses a diagnose
instruction that resets the device subsystem and parts of the cpu registers (some
are unchanged, this allows to take a proper crash dump with a well defined system
state)

* Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2013-07-30
@ 2013-07-23  7:55   ` Christian Borntraeger
From: Christian Borntraeger @ 2013-07-23  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-07-23 12:55     ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2013-07-23 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Borntraeger

On 23 July 2013 08:55, Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@de.ibm.com> wrote:
> - soft reset and other reset variants. What is the right way to go?
> (e.g. on s390 there are several reset variants that reset a defined subset of the
> system. This can be triggered by operating systems, e.g. kdump uses a diagnose
> instruction that resets the device subsystem and parts of the cpu registers (some
> are unchanged, this allows to take a proper crash dump with a well defined system
> state)

FWIW my suggestion is that we should actually model
reset lines, any associated reset/power controller,
etc: basically do what the hardware does. The qdev
reset method should be restricted to "we powercycled
the system".

-- PMM

From: Peter Maydell @ 2013-07-23 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Borntraeger

@ 2013-07-23 12:59   ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-07-23 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering.
>
> Thanks, Juan.
>
> PD.  If you want to attend and you don't have the call details,
>       contact me.

I got the wrong day.

Correct date was today (2013-07-22).

Sorry for the confusion.

Later,  Juan.

From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-07-23 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2013-07-23 13:51     ` Juan Quintela
From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-07-23 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> wrote:
> Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Please, send any topic that you are interested in covering.
>>
>> Thanks, Juan.
>>
>> PD.  If you want to attend and you don't have the call details,
>>       contact me.
>
> I got the wrong day.
>
> Correct date was today (2013-07-22).
>
> Sorry for the confusion.
>

> Later,  Juan.

2013-07-23!!

for i in ´seq 1 1000000´; do
  printf "always use -m option with cal";
done

Once done this,  I am going back to school to learn data arithmetic.

Sorry again :-(

From: Juan Quintela @ 2013-07-23 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)