* [Qemu-devel] GPIO input?
@ 2016-11-17 12:41 Liviu Ionescu
From: Liviu Ionescu @ 2016-11-17 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel qemu-devel; +Cc: Peter Maydell

I added graphical buttons to GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU, and I can already trigger actions when a button is pushed/released, so currently I can reset the STM32F4DISCOVERY board clicking the reset button on the board picture.

Now I want to implement the user button, which on this board is connected to a GPIO pin.

Can you suggest an existing board that somehow implements a GPIO input, so I can a use a similar mechanism?

Thank you,

Liviu

* Re: [Qemu-devel] GPIO input?
@ 2016-11-28  9:34 ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2016-11-28  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Liviu Ionescu; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

On 17 November 2016 at 12:41, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@livius.net> wrote:
> I added graphical buttons to GNU ARM Eclipse QEMU, and I can already trigger actions when a button is pushed/released, so currently I can reset the STM32F4DISCOVERY board clicking the reset button on the board picture.
>
> Now I want to implement the user button, which on this board is connected to a GPIO pin.
>

> Can you suggest an existing board that somehow implements a GPIO
> input, so I can a use a similar mechanism?

Stellaris has a bunch of things with GPIO inputs (eg the ADC
has a GPIO input which we wire up to the GPTM device). Basically
the device implement some input GPIO lines, and then the board
code can call qdev_get_gpio_in() to get the qemu_irq so it can
signal it when appropriate (or wire it up to some other device
which signals it). You might prefer to use the named-gpios
rather than the old-style numbered GPIOs; either will work.

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: [Qemu-devel] GPIO input?
@ 2016-11-28 10:21   ` Liviu Ionescu
From: Liviu Ionescu @ 2016-11-28 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel qemu-devel

> On 28 Nov 2016, at 11:34, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> You might prefer to use the named-gpios ...

I already did so, thank you.

Liviu