* how do I run a single acceptance test?
@ 2021-09-20 10:54 Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-09-20 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers
  Cc: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé, Wainer dos Santos Moschetta, Cleber Rosa

Hi; I'm trying to bisect a problem that's causing an acceptance
test failure, but docs/devel/testing.rst doesn't have any info about
how to run just one acceptance test rather than the whole lot
via 'make check-acceptance'. Is this possible?

(It's pretty slow to have to run the whole thing, because we still
have those horrifically slow BootLinuxAarch64 tests in there which
eat the bulk of the time and are not interesting for this bisection.)

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: how do I run a single acceptance test?
@ 2021-09-20 15:24 ` Willian Rampazzo
From: Willian Rampazzo @ 2021-09-20 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell
  Cc: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé,
	QEMU Developers, Wainer dos Santos Moschetta, Cleber Rosa

Hi, Peter,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 7:56 AM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi; I'm trying to bisect a problem that's causing an acceptance
> test failure, but docs/devel/testing.rst doesn't have any info about
> how to run just one acceptance test rather than the whole lot
> via 'make check-acceptance'. Is this possible?

I know this was discussed on IRC, but just for documenting on the
mailing list, you can use the following, as an example, to run all the
tests from file boot_linux_console.py:

build/tests/venv/bin/avocado run build/tests/acceptance/boot_linux_console.py

Or, if you want to run a specific test:

build/tests/venv/bin/avocado run
build/tests/acceptance/boot_linux_console.py:BootLinuxConsole.test_sh4_r2d

I'll send an update to the documentation explaining the above.

Regards,

Willian